Author Topic: Sass is in the hospital  (Read 15123 times)

sass

Re: Sass is in the hospital
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
 I am doing fine for the most part.  I am on vacation and just have not got on the computer too much. 

I am suffering of all things right now with my knee..Did not do anything to it and went to the local ER, they referred me to an orthopedic as they have no clue as to what is going on..No swelling or anything. Can barely walk on it.

I called my Rheumy in Texas and he is concerned that it is something called Osteonecrosis means, literally,  bone death. Also called Avascular necrosis and must be diagnoised  by MRI..the hospital where I am at on vacation would not do one, although my Rheumy called twice and spoke with the ER doctor and requested he do one...so now I have to wait til I return home.

It is one of those side effects of heavy doses of prednisone.  I also have  Steroid Myopathy from it.  Basically it is attacking my muscles, joints and bones.  YAY!  another fun moment!   I am struggling to loose this weight from the heavy doses of prednisone..I swear I never want to even hear that word again!

I have a few times that my oxygen saturation has dropped low, but a little O2 and it gets better..I am just determined not to let this stop me. 

oh well!  I will beat it too!  Just a minor set back.

Hope this finds you doing reasonably well.     Thank You so much for all your thoughtfulness and concerns...

~sass~

sass

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 07:58:53 AM »
oh...heart is hurting again...I have lost yet another friend to what they are calling pneumonia .She ran errands Friday , had her Secretary make a dr appt for Monday but died Sunday. She had 18 month old twins and the 7 yr old. This is just terrible..A Young Woman! early 30's. This is the same way things started for me...had I had a panic attack with angina and went further than the pneumonia DX and then did not take the word of the first Pulmonary Doc..got that second opinion! The doc's in Houston said I would have been dead if I had waited another week to go in the hospital that first time and got oxygen and steroids then...I would have went down as having pneumonia also......so terribly sad. I hate that there is no definitive way to know if you have a lung disease. It will not show on X-Ray!!!! geesh!  Please Please Please  if you are having a breathing or lung issue, do not stop at first opinion and certainly not just an X-ray..please get a CT Scan and get that second opinion

jpd54

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »
Oh, Sass.  Sorry to hear about your friend. It seems like you have had so much sadness on you lately.

Know that we are all here and with you in spirit.  Stay strong.  (((hugs)))

Jennifer
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

CMNK12

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »
   I am so sorry Sass. Life is happening too quickly these days it seems. I am so sorry for your friends family. CK

Katybarstool

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 11:57:24 PM »
Sass

Thank you for your update. I'm glad to hear you are having a holiday, though sorry to hear about your continuing ailments. And I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Her babies and family are in my prayers, as are you, dear Sass.

Kathyx

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
Sass

Sorry to hear about your friend.  Otherwise you sound like you are holding  your own, hope vacation helped.  Love ya!

Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

slccom

« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
I hope you  have a good vacation, and that things look up, and the MRI shows good news!

Hugs, Sharon

sass

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »
Thank You all..You each are a Blessing to me..I think of you often..I will be returning from vacation soon and will try to catch up.  hugs to all...and I am doing great right now, though sad to be leaving my paradise!  My home!   

~sass~