Author Topic: Does anyone handle sjs naturally?  (Read 8190 times)

gurs

Re: Does anyone handle sjs naturally?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 03:57:49 AM »
Thats funny gold55...my rheumy who has sjogrens, recommended Zyflamend highly and takes it herself. Ive yet to try it, but my mom
did and swears by it...I think if we can find a doctor who is into both traditional and alternative medicines, great. I dont put much stock in
any of the so called studies or research. I think the only way is to find out ourselves and experiment I guess.

I was going to try and new natural allergy supplement called D-hist..well, guess I should have read a bit more before buying it
because one of the ingredients, stinging nettle, is supposed to act like a diuretic?? great!! something I surely dont need with my dryness
and POTS..oh well..search goes on.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Tivia

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 07:40:26 AM »
Is Zyflamend something that boosts the immune system? From everything my doctor said you dont want to boost it lol

She also said there is no drugs except the really big gun drugs that slow or halt sjs, and that those drugs are reserved for people with severe involvement. They have dangerous side effects. But I dont know how much to believe her. When I asked her nurse one time about lymphoma risk, she told me the reason there was a risk was from the drugs used to treat sjs. They caused it.

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 08:05:29 AM »
Zyflammend does NOT stimulate the immune system, and it's wonderful for joint pain and inflammation!
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

jazzlover

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
Right .. it's for pain and inflammation.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

star723

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
 I started Zyflammend when I changed my diet. Dairy free and Zyflammend = wonderful combo for me. ;D

SjoGirl

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »
I was told by a doc at the Sjogrens Center at Hopkins that lymphoma occurs in a small percentage of people with SjS. Also, it is typically a slow growing form, so slow that he said they often don't treat it. I had read something similar in one of the books about SjS so stopped worrying about it.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

sjenny

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »
but I had H Pylori and gastritis last year and have not been able to get my stomach straight since then.

I have a recipe for a juicer to combat H. pylori

2 to 3 large cabbage leaves
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 carrot
2 celery sticks
1 red apple (skin on)
1/2 cup aloe vera juice (can get this at some grocery stores like Wegemans or on Amazon)

Wash, trim, chop and process through juicer. Drink 17 to 35 oz per day in 3 to 4 divided doses during the day.

Cabbage is specific to combat inflammation in the stomach. Apple contains pectin which improves the balance of gut flora and is soothing to the intestines.  Aloe vera (which admittedly tastes foul by itself) is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal and neutralizes toxins that damage the mucosal wall.

Hope this helps.