Author Topic: A few sad moments  (Read 1285 times)

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
A few sad moments
« on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:18 PM »
As luck would have it, April 1st has become a sad reminder of the loss of my best
girlfriend (Marilyn) 5 years ago to complications of Inflammatory Breast Cancer. My husband & I then had to go to the Funeral Home tonight for a business colleague who lost his wife (46 y/o) to cancer.  Of course Funeral Homes are always very sad..but as I looked at all of the pictures & flowers, and our friend's wife...I could not help but wonder if the systemic battles of Sjogren's will do the same to me. I do not usually think that way and perhaps it was just the sadness of it all, but I just had this overwhelming fear of my husband & kids living that same sad experience.
I suppose we all have our days with experiencing our fears of the unknown as far as Sjogren's is concerned.

Tomorrow will be better.
SjoDry :-[
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Tivia

Re: A few sad moments
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:58:01 PM »
I am terrified, and I also have been to too many funerals for family /friends over the last 7 years. Then I see Kamie is dying and Sass struggling , not to mention the others that have terrible effects from these illnesses...and it just shakes me to the core. The freaking doctors are beyond stupid when it comes to this, oh its an inconvenient condition, I wish for them all to get this inconvenient condition.

I had early pre cancer in the ducts of my right breast back when I was 20, you know funny thing even going through the surgery and radiation I never felt as terrified as I do now about AI illness. I guess because there was this thing in me and we could see it and treat it, AI not so much..its the unknown, and can do anything to you.

I am sorry for your friend, and I am sorry you are sad.

Winnie

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
I understand your sadness.  My town has also suffered three losses within several months, all of them were educators.  I have a young co worker that is fighting cancer and a family member suffering from terminal cancer.  I also have a friend that has a daughter that is fighting for her life in the hospital now. 

I don't like the possibility of suffering.  May we have the strength and courage to face and fight our fears/pain and live each day like it is our last....

Winnie
Sicca Syndrome-Aug 11', osteopenia, IBS-C, gastritis, GERD
Plaquenil, Dexilant, Vit D, Calcium, gluten free, dairy, egg & nut intolerances

eyeamdry

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:34:42 PM »
We must try and remember the good things in our lives.  The bad will make their way without any effort from us............let's keep the good things on top. :-)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »
In the county where I live, we have also had many educators pass from cancer.

I went to a conference once for teachers, and they began it with a guy doing his motivational speaker thing. Well, he said that statistics showed that teachers had a high rate of cancer due to the high stress each day. So that led into why he was there to help us laugh I guess. lol...

I am glad I am retired.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Momedic

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »
It truly is a sad thing, all the cancer and struggles that are amongst us nowadays.  The stressors of today did not exist 30-40 years ago.  There were stressors but different, if you will. 
Sjodry, I am truly sorry for you and and your friends family!  I lost my father to cancer at a tender age of 60. My nephew fought and  is now cancer free from stage 4 thyroid cancer! YAY!!  My sister just had surgery yesterday to remove a tumor (looks to be benign) from her colon.... I HATE that disease and this AI stuff is just as bad!  In my humble opinion, anyway!  Both are very cruel diseases, no matter how you look at them. I too, worry about how this illness will affect us in the future. Not good if the docs don't get off their behinds and see what is happening....
I hope you find some peace soon and enjoy the upcoming days again. 

Tinker

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
I know what you mean.  I really do.  I'm so sorry that all of us are dealing with all this illness and aches and pains.  I lost my high school friend last week due to a mis-diagnosed heart attack. She was 64 and full of life, working full time and booom.

I've already lost 2 sisters and my mom to breast cancer, and my twin and me both got it, but survived.  Lost Dad and brother to heart attacks (ages 67 and 46), so I know about personal loss. 

The only way we get through this it to look ahead, never look back, and anticipate the good times that will surely come.   There may not be as many of the good times as we'd like, but we will have good times.

xoxo to my sjoggie friends. Tinker