Author Topic: My awesome rheumatologist  (Read 1150 times)

4Kids

My awesome rheumatologist
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »
I am storm stayed three hours away from my rheumatologist. It is a blizzard white out, I could only see ten feet in front of me and nothing on the road to indicate where the road was.

My one and only rheumatologist appt is tomorrow. S  I tried for an hour and a half and finally gave up because I couldn't see. I am hanging with my fil until tomorrow when I will take the bus as the storm is probably still going to be going and the highway crappy.

Phoned my rheumy's office to say coud I reschedule, be late, whatever. No secretary because she was on holidays so just messages that periodically might get checked! Ahhhhh! So I left a panicked message giving my number and details. I phoned back again after I gave up and knew for sure that I could not come and that i desperately needed a refill so i really wanted my appt kept. Anyway long story short she called me from home and called in my refill for me and the rest can be rescheduled because it is really just Plaquinel I am dying without. I have the rest refilled.

So she reached me, at home with her four kids, and solved my problem! I just had to share with people who would understand the desperation I felt going without my prescription or the possibility of going without for another six weeks. And then for her to call me and say you know I can just call it in and you can see me at another time but we can get you what you need.

She is an absolute sweetheart!
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

Skylar

Re: My awesome rheumatologist
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »
What luck, you found a wonderful, caring office.

Bratbaby

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »
Hi there!

So glad you found a good doc.  They are worth their weight in gold.  My first rheumatologist just patted me on the head and said there there, take this naprosyn and this celebrex and you'll be just fine!  Not with a history of bleeding ulcer I won't, but I wanted to feel better so badly that I tamped down my common sense and did that regime for six months, until my stomach was a smoking cinder and I looked like Puff the Magic Dragon every day!

I love my new rheumatologist.  She is dedicated and not a bit patronizing.  I appreciate her every time I see her.

Props to the good doctors!

jazzlover

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
Glad you are safe inside!! Your rheumie sounds great!

My PCP will do just about anything for me. But I'm NOT happy with my rheumie. Hoping to find a new one.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

4Kids

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »
This is partially amazing because she had to check the front desk's messages to get my message, then call me from home. No answering service, just the reception voice message. I was clearly quite upset (a person in front of me died in a collision w a semi and the driver behind me hit the ditch, that is how bad the roads were) but I did ask for that refill. I am just very grateful and feel so thankful she is so smart and on the ball she felt she ahoukd call me back, on my cell. She is just so great.

I am currently without a PCP. hope i can find one half as good!
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin