Author Topic: A New Leaf Club 2012/2013  (Read 8681 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: A New Leaf Club 2012/2013
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »
Carebear if I could afford airfare I would ask if your daughter would come to my house. lol...

When I get anything done, only I can tell.  ;D

I have been trying to get this one small table cleaned off. I am almost there, but last night I fell when going into the kitchen. Silly me. My right leg went under me as I fell on my back. That didn't feel too good. I had to lay there awhile. I am ok though, just sore all over. Using my cane for now.

Bucky sounds like you do a lot. Just working  your job is a big thing, not to mention all those others.

susanep :)

Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

slccom

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 09:57:58 PM »
Bucky, I spent the entire day sitting around today! Sigh. I guess I need the rest.

Sharon

Reggie

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 07:14:16 AM »
I had a yard sale 2 weeks ago to try to de-clutter the house.  My in-laws & daughter-in-law contributed their unwanted stuff too.  The weekend weather was great so lots of people came & went.  In Seattle they love their yard sales.  After two days we still had alot of stuff.  We put it all up for free and then Monday we piled 99% of what was left and took it to the Goodwill.  I have 2 years until I want to retire and that's my time I need to get through 25 years of buildup in my house.  I'm also a sentimental 'keeper', but I did good at the yard sale on letting things go.  My road block will be the hubbies mess under the carport and his shed.  Yikes!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
Reggie - good for you on clearing out the excess and making some money along the way too.   ;D

I usually have two garage sales a year - I NEED to have one now, but, as you know - it takes a lot of work to get one together - plus, the time spent sitting out there during the sale, etc.  Since I do 99% of all that by myself, I just can't get in the mood or have the energy to have one this year.   :(

Congratulations on a job well done!!

Bucky

(P.S.  By the way, since you are a "newbie", I'm not sure if I have welcomed you or not . . if I haven't - welcome!   :D )
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Reggie

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
Thank you for the welcome.

I am blessed to have an energetic 10 year old grandson.  I let him sell all he could sell at the yard sale and let him keep the money for cloths.  He was on top of it.  He'll be my go-to man for any more yard sales.

velvetjademuse

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 12:04:12 PM »
I saw Flylady mentioned a time or two, but not in this thread...a good approach to clearing clutter can be found here: http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/ ...the most valuable thing I've learned from her is to set my timer (she suggests 15 min., but I set mine for 20 min. because I feel more "accomplished" but not exhausted in that timeframe). I subscribe to the daily emails...it can get quite overwhelming, but I think there is a "digest" option so you don't receive a dozen emails a day!