Author Topic: Mailing lists  (Read 2051 times)

Cassi307

Mailing lists
« on: May 28, 2013, 01:11:20 PM »
Got a brochure from a cemetery today telling me that it is never to early to plan for future need....

How did I get on their mailing list?? Do they somehow know about my current health issues?? Do they know something I don't??

Anyone else ever get something like this in the mail?
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis, tremors, macular degeneration. Meds:  cardizem cd, low dose Prednisone, Rituxan, Preservision, calcium with d

reesatay

Re: Mailing lists
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:28:30 PM »
As soon as I turned 50 I started to get AARP and funeral brochures, etc.   Not sure who sold me out to them, but figured it was one of several places like my credit card company or store accounts, etc. 

finallyadx

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »
I am not even 50 and I have started to get AARP and Medicare supplement notices...where do they get that I am old enough or health compromised enough???

Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

Pisces24

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »
I wonder how they do it too.
Any birth years ending in 0 are hard. Well when I hit the big 50 even prior to getting a birthday card, I got a letter from AARP wanting me to join!   :(

Another time when I moved into the house I have now, I notified all the utilities that I moved. Well two of them couldn't find me BUT Ed McMann found me the day I moved and I might have won a million.  ::) :)

Cassi307

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
LOL I would prefer Ed Mc Mann found me rather than a cemetery! I started getting AARP mail since I was approx 50.

Wonder if I get a discount for pre planning!!!
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis, tremors, macular degeneration. Meds:  cardizem cd, low dose Prednisone, Rituxan, Preservision, calcium with d

slccom

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »
When I was growing up, I was getting junk mail for "Life Insurance you can't be turned down for" because they bought the mailing lists from the hearing aid dealers.

Don't take it personally!
Sharon

Cassi307

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »
I am not taking it personally but hate this kind of junk mail. I am going to have to find that address which lets you opt out of this sort of thing.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 04:32:35 AM »
I read an article on a man that got on every junk mail list he could. He rolled all the paper and catalogs into logs. He used the logs to heat his house all winter and thanked his mail man for delivering his free heat source.

Mailing list are profiled, bought and sold. As you see from my photo I am Caucasian. Because of where I live, I often receive mail targeted to males of other races. I find the misuse of sadistical (statistical) analysis amusing.

"Lies, darn Lies, and then there is Statistics!" - General Grant
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Cassi307

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 05:17:35 AM »
Thanks Joe I loved that idea. Makes me want to own a fireplace or wood burning stove!