Author Topic: Blurry eyes  (Read 1470 times)

4Kids

Blurry eyes
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
I have noticed my eyes going blurry a couple times. Once today after I took a Salagen and once before at a pool while swimming.  Not smeary dry eye blurry but unable to focus.  Eta:  I can see close up but not far away.

Is this just a weird side effect of medication or do I need to consider something else?

TIA

Jackie
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

Lspeed1983

Re: Blurry eyes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
I'm too new to my diagnosis of Sjogren's to know for sure, but I've had the same problem occasionally.  I haven't even started my prescription meds yet. 

I even had double vision problems.  I was driving recently and saw grayish-blue lines in the road, it took me a while to realize I was seeing double.  A second road appeared to be raise up an inch over the actual road.  All I can say is it might not be the meds.

Best of luck finding out. Wish you well!

slccom

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »
That blurriness could be cataracts. Have the road lines been getting fainter, too?
Sharon

Lspeed1983

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
That blurriness could be cataracts. Have the road lines been getting fainter, too?
Sharon

I can't say they have.  I'm only 29 and recently had my eyes dilated and the optimologist said they looked good.  I know something is wrong, but I know it won't be easy to figure it out. 

Considering I've been have neurological problems I think it's related to that, but I don't know.

selavy59

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
I have had bouts of blurred vision for the past 18 years. Well before I was on any meds.

connie50

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »
I could be wrong but I thought blurred vision could be a side effect of Plaquenil ???

4Kids

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 09:20:12 AM »
It actually comes when I take Salagen, now and then. I will mention it at my next appt.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

Johnson

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
Are your eyes really dry, because that is why mine get really blurry.  It's not related to my medication.  You can probably tell if it's just the dryness because it would probably get worse in the evenings.  Mine have been really bad lately, so driving home at night makes me feel rather reckless.