Author Topic: Table of antibodies  (Read 11539 times)

Linda196

• Administrator
Table of antibodies
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
I'm sorry this image is so small, but you should be able to click on the image and enlarge it
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

adinack74

Re: Table of antibodies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »
What source is this chart from?

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »
This chart is an adaptation from one of my text books, The Principles and Practice of Medicine, 23rd ed. Originally published by Appleton & Lange, 1996
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}

adinack74

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »
Thank you!  My anti-SCL-70 antibody test is positive but all other antibody tests are negative.  This is the first thing I've seen that relates the anti-SCL-70 to Sjogrens.

new2sjs2012

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:39 AM »
I hope to get my test results next week. :)
Thanks

Linda116

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »
Can you post an explanation for each of the autoantibodies?   I know what the ANA, Anti SSA, SSB and RF are, but do not know what the others are.   

Thanks.

Arielluria

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
I'm pretty new to SS and new to this site. I would also like an explanation since I am positive for SSA & SSB and my RA Factor is high (184....range is 0-13.9), my C3 is low (81 .... range from 90-180) and C4 is normal (18....range 9-36). My rheumatologist didn't suspect RA.

mscamillec

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 06:05:18 AM »
Linda,

thanks for the chart! i just seen my rheumy(his partner) because i had a  High ANA 1:40 speckled and a positive sjogrens  AB (SSB). i originally went to the practice 2 years ago with a high Ana and the other doc was abrupt (i was told to go) i never had the Sjogrens AB test done previously through independent labs sand same results 2 years later. when the rheumy saw my newest labs he said be prepaired to go on medication,and he drew other labs (cpk,adolace,g6pd, &compliment CH50). I have been diagnosed with ms almost for 10 years and the ms injections have no effect on mr ever but doing them like i should. ms and Sjogrens have the same issues even brain lesions during a flare. Makes me think ::)  i asked the rheumy if i could of had sjogrens all along instead of ms and he said there is a possibility. i dont know if you can have both.

thank you,
camille
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:34:15 AM by mscamillec »

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 04:31:26 AM »
Thank you for posting this chart. I think it is very helpful.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, diabetes, asthma, Polycystic ovaries, and Gerd. Meds - Pilocarpine, Synthroid, Effexor, Cpap, aspirin, Prilosec, Neurontin, Xanax, eye Drops, vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Proventil- Retired Teacher/Disabled

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »
Linda:  I am asking a question to which I should know the answer.  You can see/tell I am a newbie.  I saw my rheumatologist yesterday for the second time.  I was seen/tested first of Dec.  He called a week later to confirm positive for SS (primary).  I've lived on this board pretty much since then.

He told me yesterday I tested positive for "all three" antibodies for SS.  I thought there were more..then decided he meant for primary type.  My question is this:  are the antibodies  he is referring to ANA and SS-A and SS-B?  I know you are wondering, well..why didn't she ask the doctor.  Well..there was SO much information he was giving me...and he had been so surprised...believing I has Sicca Complex...that I just never got back to it.  Carolina suggested that I get a copy of my report-and I shall.  There is just SO much.  Can you help me?
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »
Good to see this chart. Since I don't have any autoantibodies, I've never paid much attention, I have to say.

But something like this is so helpful!

Hugs,  Elaine
'
Female-74-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Act.Purpura-Myoclonus-Achalasia-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Blepharitis-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Depakot-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Cymbalta-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 02:38:47 AM »
@ccourt, my first instinct would be to include the anti-RNP with the anti-SSa and SSb. The ANA is very non-specific, and usually just leads the doctor to determine that there is an immune condition.

The anti-RNP is more commonly associated with Lupus, but often shows up in Sjogren's, without being paired with the anti-SM that indicates Lupus. It seems to be an indicator of Raynaud's when present in Lupus patients, just as a point of interest.

He may also have meant the Rheumatoid Factor (RF) which, despite its name, is not a specific indicator of Rheumatoid Arthritis. RF shows up in a number of autoimmune diseases when there is joint involvement.

I completely understand the information overload situation, and it sounds like your doctor was experiencing a bit of the same, seeing results he wasn't prepared for!

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 06:55:39 AM »
Thx...that was a great answer.  You specified re: the  arthritic markers...and that is what I was (in my pea brain) denying.  So it confused me.  Thx so much.
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene