Author Topic: Help! I just broke out with red dots all over?  (Read 2358 times)

topping21

Help! I just broke out with red dots all over?
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
Not sure what they are (Red Dots) they appeared on my biceps then went down to the wrist,  they are under my armpits and stomach area
Not sure if this is just a new flare thing or what.  If you can help a fellow out I would greatly appreciate it.  They really dont itch but are scaring the heck out of me!

Jeremy

Navigator

Re: Help! I just broke out with red dots all over?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
Were you out in the sun? We can get weird reactions to sun.
Hashimotos thyroiditis, Primary SJS, IBS, autoimmune hearing loss, leucopenia, arthritis,asthma.
Synthroid, Plaquenil, Crestor, Evoxac,Vit D , Fish Oil, Restasis, Daily Walking, Sleep, Baby aspirin, Probiotic, avoid gluten,dairy and sugar, hearing aide, gratitude, big dog

topping21

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »
No I was in my Executive Directors (Boss's) office.   Maybe I am allergic to him, LOL

engy

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »
Sounds like an allergic reaction. Take benedryl & see if it helps. If you have trouble breathing go to ER. Did you eat something unusual?
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

topping21

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »
Sounds like an allergic reaction. Take benedryl & see if it helps. If you have trouble breathing go to ER. Did you eat something unusual?

No.  I had a few pieces of red licorice for lunch..   My breathing seems to be fine and I seem to be feeling fine just red dots all over!!!

Styx

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
Did you start a new medication recently?

topping21

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »
Did you start a new medication recently?

Just got off of a antibiotic (not sure of the name)

olmphoto2

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 03:11:03 PM »

petechiae?  google, various appearances
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

topping21

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »

petechiae?  google, various appearances

Very similar.  Does this go away

Styx

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
topping21, you should probably go see a doctor.

olmphoto2's suggestion of petechiae is what I was thinking. It's probably nothing, but you should definitely see a doctor ASAP as it can be a sign of thrombocytopenia, and that's not something you want to ignore.

Styx

topping21

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »
Thanks for the info.   Dr is putting me on a medrol pack, he thinks it was caused by coming off my antibiotic for 10 days.

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 12:52:31 PM »
       I had a similar rash on my chest and neck. Dr. put me a medrol pack, it went away.  But 2 weeks later it was back!  this time he told me to eliminate all artificial colors-- and it went away, but I still take a very small dose of medrol everyday.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

jazzlover

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
Do you mind telling us the name of the antibiotic?
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. My first guess is a sulfa drug. It is not unusual to have an allergy to sulfa drugs when one has autoimmune diseases. People with lupus are more apt to be allergic to sulfa so since sjoggies are second cousin to lupies I figure anything is possible.

I am allergic to sulfa and to amoxicillin, cephalexin, rifampin---seems like there is another one but I am getting old and susffer from CRS. ;D Irish