Author Topic: Spring is Here!  (Read 3051 times)

Spring

• Administrator
Spring is Here!
« on: September 24, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »
Title: Sjogren's World Executive Director, Webmaster, Forum Administrator

Hiya! My name is really Jo, but I go by Spring in chats and in the Forums. My husband and I have been married for 41 years! We have 2 grown sons and two real cute granddaughters!

I started a new career 11 years ago at the age of 54, teaching! I was lead teacher for 7th and 8th grade science at my school and 8 years ago my co-teachers elected me Teacher of the Year! I was so surprised and felt like I was riding on Cloud 9. I completed a Master's in Teacher Leadership. It was a lot of work teaching full time and doing school full time, so glad I am finished and so glad for all I learned in the process to make me a more effective teacher and teacher leader. I felt so fortunate to have this new life of teaching and loved every minute of it!

I retired last year after 10 years of teaching, and am enjoying an active retirement.

My history. In 1994 I was given the diagnosis of probable MS. As of October `99, that is changed. A rheumatologist diagnosed probable Sjogren's Syndrome with demyelinating disease. The symptoms I had were very much like MS, and that is why it took long for a diagnosis I guess. Or maybe I have both, or neither. I am lucky in that my problems are mild and controlled with my meds. I've been on the Internet since 92, so have watched the number of MS related sites go from 3 to countless! Now I am cruising the internet for a new purpose, finding and sharing information on Sjogren's Syndrome (SjS). Those of you just now getting your diagnosis are really lucky at the resources that are at your fingertips. Care (may she rest in peace) and I created the site for Sjogren's sufferers and their loved ones back in 1999. I hope you get tremendous use and comfort using it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:22:16 AM by Spring »