Author Topic: Prednisone Problems  (Read 824 times)

Pisces24

• Hashimotos, Reynards, SJS 03/09; Lymphoma 4/12
Prednisone Problems
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:07 AM »
Has anyone had digestion problems taking prednisone? I get constipation and diarehha - take your pick. I also don't gain an ounce in wt. I usually take 5 pill, 5 days, 20mg pills.

I'm on chemo and on one treatment the dr didn't have me take the prednisone afterwards. Lo and Behold, I had absolutely no stomach problems at all!!! That is why I think the prednisone is causing all the problems there.

Also, any suggestions how to combat those digestion issues??
THANKS!

artsyamerican

Re: Prednisone Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Prednisone gives me lots of bad side effects (and good ones) but not the ones you mentioned.  Sry couldn't be more help.
Hugs,
Amy
Sicca, Seronnegative Inflammatory Spondylarthropathy, MGUS, PN, Tarlov Cysts, Spinal Stenosis, 3 Herniated Lumbar Discs, Type 2 Diabetes

Celebrex, back off Methotrexate, Plaquenil, neurontin, prozac, simvastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril, Vit

holy grail

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
I, also, have stomach issues from the prednisone. I have to take it with food or milk and that seems to halo a little.

gmomjuju

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
I did not have any digestive issues when on the prednisone. Lots of other issues, though. I always took the medication in the AM at breakfast.

Good luck!  Talk to your doctor.

Judy

shay0425

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »
I take prednisone daily and have to take it with food as it sometimes upsets my stomach.
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens; HLA B27 positive; Chiari 1 Malformation; Peripheral Neuropathy.
Medications: Humira, Neurotin, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Soma, Tramadol, Ibuprofen.

gurs

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
I find the steriods calm my tummy issues down..stomachs so hard to figure out...Im learning many foods I have intolerances to, as well as
stress, and all the other hormone/autoimmune issues im having, impossible to point a finger at whats causing all this..prob a combo of them all.

Gursie
50 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements