Author Topic: Prednisone Problems  (Read 910 times)

Pisces24

• Hashimotos, Reynards, SJS 03/09; Lymphoma 4/12
Prednisone Problems
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:07 AM »
Has anyone had digestion problems taking prednisone? I get constipation and diarehha - take your pick. I also don't gain an ounce in wt. I usually take 5 pill, 5 days, 20mg pills.

I'm on chemo and on one treatment the dr didn't have me take the prednisone afterwards. Lo and Behold, I had absolutely no stomach problems at all!!! That is why I think the prednisone is causing all the problems there.

Also, any suggestions how to combat those digestion issues??
THANKS!

artsyamerican

Re: Prednisone Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Prednisone gives me lots of bad side effects (and good ones) but not the ones you mentioned.  Sry couldn't be more help.

holy grail

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
I, also, have stomach issues from the prednisone. I have to take it with food or milk and that seems to halo a little.

gmomjuju

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
I did not have any digestive issues when on the prednisone. Lots of other issues, though. I always took the medication in the AM at breakfast.

Good luck!  Talk to your doctor.

Judy

shay0425

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »
I take prednisone daily and have to take it with food as it sometimes upsets my stomach.
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens; HLA B27 positive; Chiari 1 Malformation; Peripheral Neuropathy.
Medications: Humira, Neurotin, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Soma, Tramadol, Ibuprofen.

gurs

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
I find the steriods calm my tummy issues down..stomachs so hard to figure out...Im learning many foods I have intolerances to, as well as
stress, and all the other hormone/autoimmune issues im having, impossible to point a finger at whats causing all this..prob a combo of them all.

Gursie
50 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements