Author Topic: Guess what??? A lump under my arm.  (Read 16901 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Guess what??? A lump under my arm.
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »
Well, I guess I will just have to deal with this lump. I found it a month or so ago and plum forgot about it cause of all the company we had and the events with hubby and his health. Always something going on that stressful!!

Anyway, I saw my GP for something else and he set up my mammogram for this Wed along with some blood work. Yesterday I had a pain under my arm and went to check it out and darned it it isn't that very hard lump that was there before. I can't tell if it has gotten any bigger. I am thinking that it is a node as it is right above the bra line under my arm.

Anyway, I have done the heat on it but that hasn't really made much difference. I have been on antibiotic again plus I have not felt good lately. Especially this week. Chills, bad headache, sweats, nausea, horrible fatigue and my left sinus has been killing me. I finally gave up and spent much of the day dozing in my recliner--which felt very good.

I am also on Diflucan for yeast right now. I will do one thing at a time. It is possible that I have a virus so will wait and see what the mammogram says--imagine they will add more testing to findout for sure what is going on. Then I may end up seeing a doctor for blood work, etc. There is just no rest for the wicked is there. Just had hubby to ER again yesterday afternoon.

Have to admit that if I didn't see the inside of a hospital for a year it would not break my heart. Soo, the waiting begins. I will think positive cause actually there can only be 2 outcomes. A lump in the breast tissue of women is either cancer or it isn't. Soooo, I will be positive until someone gives me a reason to fret. Irish

eyeamdry

Re: Guess what??? A lump under my arm.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
Girlfriend, you know the percentage is 80% benign.............so cancel any worrying until a later time, such as when you know differently.  You know the drill.  ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))  Lucy

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 02:20:56 AM »
Bless your heart. It is always one thing or another, but just do some restful nice things for yourself right now.

I have said prayers for you and hubby. Just enjoy today, and smile over something nice or silly, and try to be as calm as you can, because right now you are loved by family and friends, and God knows your every thought and concern,and he loves you.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Meld256

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 02:24:35 AM »
Irish,

I'm sorry you've felt so rotten!  Sure hope today and tomorrow is going to be much better.  You and hubby really deserve a break. :)

You know with the lump, as Lucy says, the very best percentage says it's benign, and if it's painful, my docs always tell me that's a good thing, too.  I know it can still be worrisome.

Sending you all the postive vibes I can...and keep us posted, my dear.

Melinda

artistangie

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:01:02 AM »
I do feel for you.  And I pray for NUTTIN.
It's past time for my annual mammo and I promised my husband I would get to it but I just need time to deal with the sjogrens.  The thoughts of "oh here's something supicious, lumpectomy, oh it's nothing thank God" is just more than I can bite off... And I have been assured I will have more of those episodes in my life.  So yes, I get it BUT please don't ignor a lump very long.. You Are much more valuable to us than you know.

iraisin

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:06:10 AM »
Man! you're a stong woman.

I pray this goes by quickly for you and all is well for you and your hubby.

He's doing better and back home now?

Thanks for keeping us posted on all of this. You are in our hearts and we are rooting for you.

rudytudy

• Virginia
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:47:23 AM »
good grief !
...hugs sent your way....
female, 57
Lupus, SJS
Lupus Inflammatory Arthropathy, subcutaneous lupus, photo sensitive, neuropathy, fibromyalgia.
SS-A >8.0,  SS-B  1.9,  ANA positive

Gabapentin, Fosamax, punctal plugs.

Fish oil, D-3, B-complex, eye drops, saline nasal spray

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 07:20:53 AM »
Irish

Always something! I know how you feel, Iam waiting til the 17th to see oncologist.
Will be praying for you. You don't deserve to have to go through this,
Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

peachpop

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 08:02:46 AM »
Hi Irish,
Sending good thoughts your way.  I am a cancer survivor and can tell you that cancer usually doesn't hurt....  I had lymph nodes that would swell and would only start hurting because I kept poking at them, but whenever I would see my cancer doctor for a follow up after I went into remission, if I found a strange and mysterious lump, he would be relieved if I said it hurt!  Also, this may sound stupid but can you wiggle it around?  Generally the moveable nodes are usually begnin as well.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Please let us know when you have an update.

4Kids

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 08:03:25 AM »
If I am just 40% of what you are in knowledge and coping skills and just all around Irish awesome, I would be proud of myself. I hope it's nothing, and I will keep you in my thoughts.

I guess it is good you always have so much going on to keep you busy?  :-*

Jackie
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

stephL

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
Irish, you're an inspiration to me. I always look forward to reading your good humored posts, always peppered with wisdom. Or wisdom peppered with good humor.  ;D
I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time. I will keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there! *Hug*
"Unlike weakness, fatigue can be alleviated by periods of rest." -Wikipedia: Fatigue (medical)

Diane63

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
Hi Irish!  You really didn't need this right now, did you?  I have the same thing in my left armpit - hurts for a few days, then I forget about it.  I halfway think it's a lymph node and halfway think it might be my architecturally designed bras for the "girls".  But I am three months overdue on the mammogram so will schedule it.  Let's have a report session soon.  I'm sorry you are having so much to cope with in your life.  You have been a big help to me on this discussion board.  I hope you get some good help back from us.

Katybarstool

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
Irish

I can't believe you have something else to cope with. As Lucy said, 80% of breast lumps are not cancer, so you have to concentrate on that. But I will still be sending you positive vibes and prayers for tomorrow.

How's you dh today?

Kathyx

Nancy60

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 01:16:51 PM »
Irish,

Keeping you in my prayers that this is non-cancerous!  You don't need anything else to deal with.  Remember the 80% stat that Lucy mentioned, it is more likely it is benign.  Sending you hugs and positive thought!

Nancy

genko_b

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »
Take care - sending hugs and prayers your way.

Genko