Author Topic: Guess what??? A lump under my arm.  (Read 17020 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Guess what??? A lump under my arm.
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »
Thanks again for all your well wishes. I want to add that I have stopped having such bad chills and sweats, still have the sinus issues but not as bad. I must have a chronic infection in my left sinus. I think if I spent my life standing on my head the darn thing would drain better and not have such issues.

Also, I doubt I have Nile virus as I have hardly seen a mosquito all summer. It has been so dry up here that even at the lakes the mosquitos are not much of a problem. I think that some areas with the problem must have had some rain at just the right time and/or they have a lot of standing water.

Our lakes are drying up as are the sloughs. The birds are on the grass in the morning trying to get moisture off of the blades of grass. Such a crazy summer--too dry or too wet!! Blessings toyou all. Irish

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »
I have hardly seen a mosquito all summer. The birds are on the grass in the morning  . . .

Irish, I thought the mosquito WAS Minnesota's state bird . . . NO?!?   ;)   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2012, 09:44:26 PM »
Bucky, The mosquito is Minnesota's state bird. However, you have to have rain for them to lay their eggs and hatch. We have had some rain earlier this summer, but the time when the would be laying their eggs, etc., is when it was also dry.

I have to tell you that when our kids go to the lake they say there have been very few mosquitos. We don't go out in the evening so we can't judge for ourselves, however, the grandkids haven't been all bit up this summer.

Probably next summer it won't quit raining!! Such a hard year it has been in the world weatherwise this year. Irish

Tinker

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »
Irish, just saw this post so I got to read page 5 and skip to pg 1 for the outcome.  Thank goodness you are ok.  Hard lymph nodes under your arm send chills up my spine.    I know you said you used heat on it so I assume it hurt.  That gave me promise that it wasn't CA.

Been there, done that.  And here to tell about it as a cancer free gal of 14 yrs.! 

Texas has the biggest mosquitoes, hands down.  :)

DebbiK

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
Hi Irish,

I'm hoping it is just a fatty cyst. I had one of those removed from my shoulder last week. It started out soft and then got hard. Sending prayers that it isn't anything serious.

Deb

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
For those who don't want to read all the posts, I had an inflammed lymph node that was almost back to normal by the time I saw the doc. Sure had a sore arm and boob though before it was over. Darned if I know what is going on. Beginning to think I have a case of yeast again without the "budding" white stuff. Increase in the mucus and some hemmorrhagic inflammation on the roof of my mouth. Almost time for my infusion again. Irish

Meld256

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »
Irish,

I hope all the inflammation you've had is beginning to decrease, and/or the docs have found a way to rid you of the newer stuff anyway.  I know you always battle with the sinuses and such. 

Hope this week is going a bit better for you and your hubby, too.  Keeping you both in my thoughts, my dear.   ;) Were you able to enjoy the Labor Day weekend with some of your family?

Melinda