Author Topic: Guess what??? A lump under my arm.  (Read 16733 times)

parched

Re: Guess what??? A lump under my arm.
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 04:22:06 AM »
Thinking of you today and sending positive vibes your way... 

Parched

gmomjuju

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 05:24:30 AM »
Irish,

Thinking of you today and sending some big prayers.  I have walked in your shoes.

Judy

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 06:47:04 AM »
Sending "The Irish Prayer" your way, my friend!  May the wind be always at your back!

Let us know the minute you find out anything, ya hear?
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 07:37:49 AM »
Irish

Thinking of you and praying for you.

Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

mebog

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 08:36:01 AM »
OOO Irish,   Sorry that you have another problem.  I don't write well but I pray well
You are in my prayers.

Mebog

Meld256

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 08:46:36 AM »
Irish,  :D

Yep, now you know how to get attention and prayers.  ;D 

I think so many women here know what this is like; it's just darn scary.  I put myself through a "trial" every year with my mammograms.  I have dense tissue, and a horrible family history.  And so the deal starts:

I have the mammo, then a detailed mammo, then an ultrasound, then maybe an MRI or aspiration biopsy and then after a couple of weeks of trying not to worry (but I do) then it comes up fine.  Whew! 

I hope you don't need to go through all that, and that the lump is "just a lump."

Glad hubby is being his normal self, working out in the heat.  Hope he's feeling better soon; obviously he keeps on doing what he's going to do!  ;)  Til you have to get after him.

Sending the best vibes I can for a good outcome and prayers for you both.
Melinda

EllaBlue

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
Hi Irish, I was gone for the day yesterday...doctor and errands, but I really wanted to add my (((hugs))) to you and some prayers. I have been through a breast biopsy, and well, just thinking about it, does scare us.  Someone pointed out that 80 percent are benign, and that is really good to remember. Do your best to stay positive, and we are all here for you!!!
Blessings Irish...
Ella

olmphoto2

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »
Prayers and hugs for you, Irish! 

[Please know that this Sjogren's person has had one lump removed from under my arm and two from my breast, all benign.]
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »
Well, this was an interesting day. I went for my mammogram but was unable to get it. Well, to be more specific, they would do it, but beause my doc didn't know about the lump I have to see him and I could end up having another mammogram and my insurance wouldn't pay for the seond one.

Sooo, I made an appt to see him on the 17th. I figure that I hopefully will be feeling better by then and things may be more easily sorted out.if I still feeling lousy then so be it and we kick the can down the road and figure out what to do from there.

There is never, ever, ever anything that has a simple way of being done. I feel like I could sleep for 2 days straight and for someone who sleeps around 4-5 hours a night for 13-14 years this is really a strange feeling. Poor hubby is not eating very well lately. He doesn't have the energy to cook like he used to either. Tonight I plan on grilling some steak and will have leftovers for tomorrow.Yeahhhhh! Leftovers.

Thanks again for your support---the sage will continue and I will just continue to think positive cause there is no other choice. As Forest Gump so aptly said: "Life is like a bowl of chocolates. You never know what you will get". Very profound little piece, isn't it?? Hugs to all, Irish

stephL

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »
Sheesh Irish! That is so fortunate that you had to suffer a wasted trip to the lab like that! I know what a toll a trip out for tests can take.  ???  Please eat well and get some extra sleep if you can, so you're well rested for the next trip. Remember we're cheering you on!
"Unlike weakness, fatigue can be alleviated by periods of rest." -Wikipedia: Fatigue (medical)

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »
Oh Irish so sorry for all that you are going through.

You hit it on the head that it is never easy - it was June 8th that I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and I have yet to receive any treatment.  These medical people sure take their time to sort through everything.

Well, will be wishing good thoughts for you and prayers.
Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Diane63

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 10:16:29 AM »
Hi.  Sorry you are feeling so crummy.  And sorry about the mamogram incident, too.  Nothing is easy sometimes.  I've got mine scheduled for next Wednesday - but since you told us about what happened with the "go see your doctor about the lump" bit, I better schedule quick with my doc.  Here's a little quote that comes from a calendar my friend sent me last year - I have kept it because it is an instant perspective-restorer.  You may not need it - you seem to do pretty well on your own - but it helps me a lot:

Diane63

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »
I am so NOT a computer person.  Hit some button or other and the message flew out before I could get the quote down.  Sorry.  Here it is (i HOPE).
                                  The whole universe - if you listen in your heart - every blade of grass,
                                         each bird, each stone - it is all 'thank you.'

- Bro. Raphael Robin

EllaBlue

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
(((((((irish)))) sending more love, prayers and hugs your way.
You are in my thoughts.
Keep us posted please...
EllaBlue

eyeamdry

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »
Irish, you're gonna be fine.  Remember, I came through my lump ok and it was a positive diagnosis.  Even still have both of "em, but one is a lot longer than the other one. The radiation shrinks the one they work on, so that one is perky, the other not at all.  ::)  Lucy