Author Topic: Neuropathy feet, what helps?  (Read 2615 times)

Gonzo

Neuropathy feet, what helps?
« on: August 01, 2012, 06:53:20 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have neuropathy in my feet. It didn't bother me so much because I took Lyrica (pregabalin) for the nerve damage in my arm. But I'm in such a huge flair, so I've stopped the Lyrica to see if that helps. The pain in my arm is not that bad anymore I've learned, but my feet are hurting so much, I can't sleep. And maybe I should take Lyrica again but I gained 10 kg and I don't want that anymore. Anyone suggestions?

Alle the best and take care!
Gonzo
Maybe Sjs (diagnosis not definitive), female, 44
And I'm Dutch so my English is not that good ;-)

Arcoxia, omeprazol, nasonex, oculotect unidose, Lyrica, Vit. C, Vit. E, Vit. B5, Alpha lipoic acid, Acetyl L carnitine, Q10

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
Re: Neuropathy feet, what helps?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
Foot patches (activated charcoal and dried apple cider vinegar), and R-lipoic Acid have helped me to reverse the Neuropathy in my feet.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

EllaBlue

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »
Hi Gonzo, my MD had me try Capsazin(Sp?)  For some crazy reason that arthritis rub, helped that burning that was going all the way down my right leg. Neuropathy is no joke.
I love the "natural" suggestions and use them when I can.
Let us know what helps...and I will be hoping that you get relief soon!!
EllaBlue

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 06:01:38 AM »
My mother has this problem and get relief from deep muscle foot massage from her chiropractor. Might be a non-medical thing to try.
Good luck!
Dee
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 52
Severely dry mouth & throat with difficulty swallowing, fibro, allodynia of the scalp.
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Zoloft, Zocor, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, Nasonex, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

Gonzo

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
Thank you all for the tips! I took a Lyrica last night and slept as a rose. Lots of thunder and I heard nothing. I've decided less pain and a bit more Gonzo in this world ;-) If that is the choice... A bit more body weight but less pain and more sleep. It's hard to find balance...

All the best!
Gonzo
Maybe Sjs (diagnosis not definitive), female, 44
And I'm Dutch so my English is not that good ;-)

Arcoxia, omeprazol, nasonex, oculotect unidose, Lyrica, Vit. C, Vit. E, Vit. B5, Alpha lipoic acid, Acetyl L carnitine, Q10

Katybarstool

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
Gonzo

I've been taking amitriptyline for thepast four or five years, and it has helped enormously. Some people find this drug drying, but for me, the benefits outweigh any risks.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Kathyx

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »
  Hi Gonzo, like Kathy my husband is on Amitriptiline for his painful feet,
  nothing helping  him through the day ,but at least he sleeps at night now.
                            Dolly X

lori

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »
hi Gonzo,

i was looking into alpha lipoic acid the other day and i read it can help neuropathy..

it did say that if you have thyroid issues is may interfere with that... but nothing was really definite about that.... just thought id throw that out in case it may help someone

lori

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 04:17:07 PM »
what about B-12....that has helped me with nerve pain.
my rheumatologist told me that the Effexor is helping my bad back and I also think it has helped my feet.  she keeps wanting me to try to gabapentin but I prefer to leave that for emergencies. 
I'm going to try Capzacin....I've got Voltaren gel now but when I use it I can't take tylenol or mobic.  If I try a Lidocaine product over the counter I'm sure I can then take a pill if needed.
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

sjenny

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 05:24:25 PM »
Alpha Lipoic Acid worked wonders for me - the neuropathy was in my hands.  Within one hour of taking the pill, my hands felt normal.

Sue

jazzlover

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »
Alpha Lipoic Acid worked wonders for me - the neuropathy was in my hands.  Within one hour of taking the pill, my hands felt normal.

Sue
-
Does once a day work??

Joe... foot patches??? from where??

I'm taking B-12 shots but hope to switch to methylcobalamin B-12 soon. It is supposed to work better for neuropathy.

I can barely walk... can't even shop anymore due to plantar fasciitis and neuropathy. I just got prescribed orthotics and am PRAYING that it will turn me around.
Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib, neuropathy, plantar fasciitis

eyeamdry

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
Gonzo, I'm taking Lyrica for various neuropathy and numbness from my eye to my feet and it does help.  I hate the weight (if I can blame it on that) but I hate that particular pain worse.  Lucy

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »
I've gained 13 lbs since being on Effexor and it sucks but I am so happy to be able to walk on my bare feet again....it's not like I've turned into a gazelle but at least I can walk in the house without shoe support :)
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

sjenny

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »
Jazzlover:

I remember taking one or two tablets of 200 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid a day at most, which helped me. 

According to one study, the dose that was best tolerated while still providing benefit was 600 mg once daily.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/alphalipoicacid/a/alphalipoicacid.htm

Hope this helps,
Sue

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
I can not give you a link because it may include sales. I think the first patches we got were from Swanson's. Then Jan fond a place on line to purchase them for less. You may try searching for foot detox pads of patches. The best are constructed with Activated Charcoal and dehydrated apple cider vinegar. You put them on at bed time and wear socks over your feet to make sure they sweat. Three weeks will pull most of the toxins out. You will be surprised at how much better you feel and how grody they look. The colors are often used to indicate what has come out. 
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism