Author Topic: ~sass~  (Read 9046 times)

sass

Re: ~sass~
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
oh yes, had to share this one with you too.....excuse the typing,I copied and pasted from a note to a friend but wanted you to read it too.....

today Dad put out birdseed, in all of my uplighting for my trees. brand new and solar supplied. He pulls them up and sets them straight up and fills them with birdseed. We just got them for our anniversary...So, i took him back out and explained again that they are lights not bird feeders. We have tons of those...anyway he says he knows exactly what they are and I go on and start dumping the seed out and wiping the glass clean..When I go to the third one, there before I lean to pick it up, nicely coiled around the base of a tree is a 5 foot FAT rattlesnake. I saw the movement rather quickly and not a scaredy cat, i called out to Craig...Now not just a few mintues earlier my 85 yr old hard to see and hear father was putting around on his scooter throwing out birdseed......how lucky I am that he was not hit...but looking there I then saw it was the only one that he had not put seed in....God kept him from going to that ONE!!!!     just sayn'     ~sass~

Reanne

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
Wow sass.  What an Awesome God we serve!  I am so glad your dad is safe!

sass

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 12:45:53 AM »
Reanne,
you hit me square between the eyes....What an Awesome God We SERVE!!!!  I think sometimes that I get that backwards...I need to learn more about serving HIM..

So often, I think of what he does for me..how he has performed so many miracles in my life and I may have gotten a little placid there in the protection of his loving grace. 

But other than words...how am I truly serving him...I guess, that I am really searching my heart in extending what I need to hear him tell me.  I know he wants me back in the church and I resist. (Kinda like that anti-gluten thing.)  I need one that is a home.   But than again, it should be about me serving HIM!   

Thanks for the well wishes on Dad...  He wasn't phased...wanted me to give him a box of salt to sprinkle on ant beds...then was mad at me because I would not give it to him....ahhh,  maybe it is I that am  teetering off my rocker!     ~sass~

Gayle

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 04:11:18 AM »
Sass!

So glad your father is okay and you are so blessed!

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 07:54:05 AM »
Sass, you DO serve  - magnificently!!!! You are an incredible light to all of us....people who very much need your example and good-humored lovingness.  :)

Isn't that what we are all called on to do and be? You are truly an inspiration.
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

iraisin

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 10:21:38 AM »
Oh! I just love how He loves us! Thank you for sharing this.

Cdbhappy

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »
Sass,

I agree with Sleepy in Seattle, you are serving Him by the way you serve us.  With your honesty, faith, humor, and very entertaining life at the end of a country road.  Thank you for keeping it real, and yes do find a  church that can minister to you too.

Love and prayers,
Cdbhappy
Lupus, fibromyalgia, sjogrens, bladder cancer.
One day at a time- learning how to mange my changing body.

Reanne

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »
sass,

I agree with cdbhappy and sleepy in Seattle.  Many people in your situation would not be as positive as you are.  You do recognize the things He does for you.  You are such a blessing to all of us here!