Author Topic: Hard red lumps (like big pimple) on leg that never goes away!~? You have that?  (Read 14692 times)

CindyD

Hello...I have a few of these now.. They are like a big ingrown pimple or something that never go away... They are hard, red and they REALLY hurt if you bang them or shave them too hard.. the skin on top of them seems to peel from time to time. Does anyone have these?? I had only had  ONE forever ( I mean about 19 years now) and nowi have about 5 of them! noticed a new one on the back of my leg so  it sparked curiosity if anyone else has these ugly spots? The doc told me YEARS ago that it was similar to a wart but not contageous and it would go away with a  year or two.. But It never did and now i have a few of them...

Does anyone else have these? And if so..what does your doc say it is??

Linda196

• Administrator
The first thing that came to mind was erythema nodosa. This can be a stand alone diagnosis, or an accompaniment to several other conditions, many of which are autoimmune, although SjS hasn't been directly connected to my knowledge.  Conditions that are associated with erythema nodosum include medications (sulfa-related drugs, birth control pills, and estrogens), strep throat, Cat scratch disease, fungal diseases, infectious mononucleosis, sarcoidosis, Behcet's disease, and inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis). The last three are AI or AI related.

This isn't really rare or difficult to diagnose, so I doubt that your doctor would have missed it if is indeed EN.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

CindyD

WOW! I looked up erythema nodosa... and the description ( It presents as tender red nodules on the shins that are smooth and shiny. The nodules may occur anywhere there is fat under the skin, including the thighs, arms, trunk, face, and neck.[7][8] The nodules are 1–10 cm in diameter, and individual nodules may coalesce to form large areas of hardened skin.
As the nodules age, they become bluish purple) sure DOES sound like it... However these ones do NOT go away..ever. Had my first one about 19 years ago) and still have it, and have about 4 more of them and now another new one I noticed yesterday...  thats what triggered me to post here and see if anyone else had these? LOL Thank you for responding though! It sure does sound like it though (except that mine dont go away)....  ???

gurs

The derm will tell you for certain....Mine start with these hard clear bumps, then they turn reddish-blue now..the derm removes them. Forgot what they are called?
I have 3 or 4 of them nw I need to get removed, all on my legs.

Gursie
50 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Piebird

The first thing I thought of was maybe a type of wart. WebMD usually has good pictures of stuff.

CindyD

The derm will tell you for certain....Mine start with these hard clear bumps, then they turn reddish-blue now..the derm removes them. Forgot what they are called?
I have 3 or 4 of them nw I need to get removed, all on my legs.

Gursie

Oh really! Yes mine get a purple colour! I have about 5 of them right now... Do you think it might be possible to Ask again what they are?? I wouldn't be the least bit SURPRISED if they are the same thing... and I was to a Derm.. years ago and they told me that it will be gone within a year or two.. BUT NO it never left... and i have more of them.. all on my legs only as well!

It would be MUCH appreciated! ;)

CindyD

The first thing I thought of was maybe a type of wart. WebMD usually has good pictures of stuff.

Yes i tried that yesterday.. I looked at SO MANY different things. There were TONS of photos.. But when I see a pic that could look similar.. I read and its NOT that.. Grrrr LOL  Thank you for
letting me know though!! ;)

Cindy