Author Topic: Mobile Access to Sjogren's World  (Read 1227 times)

xANTHONYx

Mobile Access to Sjogren's World
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »
I'm pretty busy with school so I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to access Sjogren's World via there phone without using the browser. I have an android phone and right now I am using the built in web browser to post this. It works OK but the website doesn't always wrap the text to the screen size requiring lots of scrolling and zooming and clicking the wrong buttons.

I have some forum apps like Tapatalk but Sjogren's World doesn't show up on it.

MissyLouWho?

Re: Mobile Access to Sjogren's World
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:36:10 PM »
I have the same problem with my pandigital multimedia ereader.  I installed opera mini as my browser after I upgraded a new higher OS (it stopped force close issues) but I don't like it.  It resizes and like you do, I keep hitting the wrong buttons.  So I gave up and stick to the computer  ::)

xANTHONYx

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
The search continues for an app that might support the Sjogren's World Forums, but so far no luck. I think there are two problems. One, the forum app needs to support the format/language of the host server, in this case it's the SimpleMachines Forum. I am not yet aware of any app that supports them. Second, the site usually needs to be registered with the app's creators in order for it to be found by the phone when it tries to connect.

Right now I am going to check out mobile Firefox and Chrome as they are supposed to have a web forum extension, but we'll see

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »
I would think Firefox would be your answer.  I have great luck with Firefox.....installed Opera first but stuck with Firefox!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Gayle

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »
Hi
I use Chrome, no problems... :)