Author Topic: sun sun sun  (Read 2645 times)

xANTHONYx

Re: sun sun sun
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »
I posted a topic about this not too long ago about how I just suddenly started burning very badly after I started Plaquenil. One week I could stay outside cutting grass for hours and now I get sunburned inside my car with tinted windows. In fact, I now have to wear sunscreen under my clothes or risk burning my shoulders just during my daily dozen or so parking-lot-to-building sprints.

You can read it here if it helps, though its mainly me complaining about getting fried:

http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=20125.0

wendyoh

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
thanks for the info everyone and quiet dynamic that is interesting its the antibody they say causes sensitivty
wonder why docs dont know or bring it up
sjogrens, cervical stenosis, bulging cervical discs 4 level, DDS, DJD, emerging vertigo, cfs, fms, gerd, plantar fascitis, corneal erosion, some other stuff :)
not trained in medical field so just share my experience and opinions as a consumer and lay researcher trying to get more well-ness

luvmysoldier

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 03:27:25 AM »
When I went back to the dr for this issue i seen a different Rheumy and she was shocked that the other lady I had seen had not brought it up. She also ran a few more test and finaly checked my thyroid like I had been asking. I think Imma stick with this one she listened to me and my body :O)

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 03:45:03 AM »
I have learned to limit swimming, playing at a park, yardwork, etc. to mornings only.   Even then, I wear sunscreen, wraparound sunglasses, and a hat.  I don't get the rash that some of you get, but I burn (and overbrown) easily, especially my arms.  I have bad photophobia that doesn't let me forget to use precautions to avoid eye pain. 
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

luvmysoldier

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 04:35:57 AM »
My eyes hurt sooooooo much in the sun and have for years. Every summer is worse and worse its like they are gonna pop outta my head and then i get a migraine if I don't have sunglasses on.

sis

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 05:06:24 AM »
I'm not on plaqunil and I can't tolerate the sun.

I'm transitioning from being a sun goddess to sun phobic!

I never would have believed this could happen to me! 

I don't even like the lights on in the house.  I shower w/ just the light from the closet!

I hate the overhead lights.  I have lots of small lamps and the family is getting used to the dark! 

Thank goodness I wear a hat well.  I wear one almost all the time, especially in stores w/ offensive lighting. 

Will check out the insurance covering the SPF clothing.

I go to the beach, my favorite place in the world, next week. Stocking up on my favorite new sunscreen. It has a dry touch feel and no smell.  Glad I can get it in bulk at the big box store.