Author Topic: Is Lyrica just as drying as neurontin??  (Read 1055 times)

jazzlover

Is Lyrica just as drying as neurontin??
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »
Seems all I've heard are negative side effects from Lyrica. How bad is it? Neurontin is too drying for me, but my pain issues are terrible.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

eyeamdry

Re: Is Lyrica just as drying as neurontin??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »
Jazzlover, I tried neurontin years ago and it was very drying.  Some years later, I tried Lyrica on the suggestion of my rheumy and I didn't think it was as drying.  However, I found the Lyrica did help with my PN and trigeminal neuralgia which the Neurontin did not help.  I am severly dry all the time however and I may not be a good example of this. 

When I tried Neurontin, I was not as far in dryness as I was when I started the Lyrica.  My mouth dryness was one of my last symptoms.  I had to prove to my insurance company that I had tried a couple of other drugs first before they would cover Lyrica.  I had that bit covered, but I still pay a lot for Lyrica.  I keep this as one of my most important drugs because it helps my numbness and all the pins and needles stuff.  Lucy

jazzlover

Re: Is Lyrica just as drying as neurontin??
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »
Thank you for the information. I wonder how many here take Lyrica?
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease