Author Topic: singulair for eye allergies?  (Read 3974 times)

valene2009

singulair for eye allergies?
« on: May 19, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
i have read some posts on using singulair.. was curious if it helped with ocular allegies?? i am so allergic to the tree and grass pollen now... yikes... i have a friend who takes singulair but she doesnt have sjogrens and she says her eyes are still itchy

just curious if anybody could comment before i ask my doc for it..thanks!!!

slccom

Re: singulair for eye allergies?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »
There are prescription eye drops for itching eyes. My husband uses them and finds them effective.

Rumor has it that allergy season will pass....
Sharon

valene2009

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »
thnx sharon!  for making me laugh.i know it will.. i cant take those drops cause of the darn preservatives.. yikes... i will be ok... it always gets better by night..i should become i night owl!!!   hvae a great weekend.

Parched

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »
Hi Valene

Sorry to report Singulair did not help with my eye allergies.  I have to use eye drops.

Iris

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
You can get preservative free allergy drops from a compounding pharmacy..
Sjogren's Syndrome, fibromyalgia, essential tremor, RLS, degenerative disc disease, gastritis, Ischemic colitis, heart disease.
Lisinopril, Pantoprazole, Ranitidine, Plavix, Diltiazem, Simvastatin, Magnesium, Aspirin, pain meds, serum tears, fish oil

KarenR

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 10:22:56 PM »
I have taken Singulair for years. It helps alot with my itchy nose and somewhat with congestion. When allergies are really bad I add Allegra but I have to drink a lot more water than usual. The only thing that helped the allergies in my eyes was the prescription drug Patanol. My eyes were itching so bad that I would rub the skin raw in the outer corners of my eyelids. The Patanol was like a miracle drug. I use it less now that I have to take Restasis and Optive. I think keeping the eyes "washed out" so to speak (Optive 4 times a day) helps.

Karen R

valene2009

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »
Iris.. do you know what type i can get made? when i called Leiters in California they gave me a few different ones and my doc said they were very weak and wouldnt help me..??? i am so confused.. can you get pataday made non preserved?

Iris

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:24 PM »
Different ones make different products.. You would just have to check to see what each pharmacy makes or ask them if they can make you a certain one..   

How does your doctor know it won't help you if you haven't tried it?  I would just do some research on the ones offered and tell him you wanted to try the one you choose.. You'll never know if you don't try and looks like even a weaker one would be better than nothing..
Sjogren's Syndrome, fibromyalgia, essential tremor, RLS, degenerative disc disease, gastritis, Ischemic colitis, heart disease.
Lisinopril, Pantoprazole, Ranitidine, Plavix, Diltiazem, Simvastatin, Magnesium, Aspirin, pain meds, serum tears, fish oil