Author Topic: sore split corners of mouth!!  (Read 3376 times)

ingy54

sore split corners of mouth!!
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »
Need some advice again please, I have some really sore splits at the corners of my mouth and I have tried everything like vaseline, lipbalm, cocoa-butter and it gets better for a few days but as soon as I open my mouth to yawn or eat something slightly bigger than normal it starts up again,anyone got any good remedies? Thanks for your attention best wishes to all.  :)

eye2dry

Re: sore split corners of mouth!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:54:02 PM »
I really like Blistex and Carmex, they are in little pots. I really have not had enough of this problem, so my experience with cracked corners of tthe mouth is probably not as severe as yours...so therefore what I use may not be strong enough to help you.

Till you get this under control you may have to limit your laughing, smiling and yawning.......tee-hee
good luck.

eye2dry

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
This can be a symptom of Vitamin B deficiency, if you don't take any it may help to start, and if you do already, it wouldn't hurt to double up for a while to see if it helps. Vitamin B isn't stored in the body so excess is excreted.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

ingy54

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
Thanks for your replys, I could start cooing instead of laughing but I prefer a good laugh even though it's not so easy these days...I live in Italy so I don't know if I could find  the products you adviced me but I shall try, take care xxxx

wendyoh

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 06:46:44 AM »
hey thats a frustrating symptom, I also get that if in the sun and was also given steroid antifungal.  The skin condition is called chelitis, something to do with the ph of saliva or something or bacteria.  Over the counter hydrocortisone works sometimes, just be careful not to get it in your mouth and otc antibiotic ointment and the antifiungal cream you need a prescription for, ketacatazole.  Foods that tear at thin skin can make it worse too like corn chips or lollipops....
sjogrens, cervical stenosis, bulging cervical discs 4 level, DDS, DJD, emerging vertigo, cfs, fms, gerd, plantar fascitis, corneal erosion, some other stuff :)
not trained in medical field so just share my experience and opinions as a consumer and lay researcher trying to get more well-ness

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 01:05:56 PM »
          On a regular visit to my dentist, he called it angular chelitis.  He gave a prescription for Clotrimazole and Betamethasone.   He said to put just a dab on the corners twice a day for 2 weeks.  It was cleared up in  less than 1 week, but he warned me not to stop---do it a full 2 weeks.   It has come back, but if I put it on right away, it goes in less than 2 days and will stay away for months.
   OTC's that I used didn't help much.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

ingy54

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »
Thanks to all for your hints I really do find this forum so useful and friendly, its nice to know people who have similar problems to mine even if mine aren't as serious as some of yours... A lot of people make silly remarks to me because I eat sweets all the time, but of course they don't know that I eat them only to get some saliva in my mouth!!! I find keeping a boiled sweet in my mouth helps a lot but I'm fed-up trying to explain what Sjgroen is because no-one has ever heard of it!!! We really are original!! Ciao to all...... :-*