Author Topic: Back from doctors part 2  (Read 1192 times)

WildThing

Back from doctors part 2
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:26:35 AM »
So yes I went to see the new GP again to see what was up with the whole tiredness thing and to get the results of my bloodtests.  She checked for diabetes...normal and for PSOS which also came back normal.  However as I have acne, heavy periods and am putting a lot of weight on around my middle she still suspects I might have it and need a scan.  However she didn't refer me to a GYN as she is concerned about my emotional and psychological health with all those memories that have been coming back to me and is concerned such a proceedure would disturb me.  I am therefore decding on a counsellor, going in for counsellimg asap then maybe we'll sort my ovaries out.  Hopefully we will.  One thing after another!  She seemd to think though that a lot of my tiredness and blurred vision is the result of side effects of Prizac but she was reluctant to reduce the dose due to the fact that the last rime I was off it I almost died of starvation.

slccom

Re: Back from doctors part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »
Addisons? Ovarian cysts or something worse? Did the doctor consider these? Or switching you from Prozac to another antidepressant? Blurred vision calls for a visit to the eye doc. Dryness alone can blur your vision, and if you've been on prednisone, you certainly can develop cataracts in a hurry, and they will blur your vision.

I hope you get answers soon!
Sharon, not a doctor but pretty knowledgeable.

WildThing

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:30:47 AM »
She did mention switching me from Prozac if things didn't improve.  I'm going to try cutting down the dose, see what happens and  if I don't feel better in a couple of week I'll go back to see her.  I'm not sure what Addisons is?  I do strongly suspect I have ovarian cysts though, don't think it's anything nasty though as I have has thorough blood tests and if it was malignant I think something would have showed up and /or I'd be in a lot of pain which I'm not.

Piebird

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
I am on anti depressants too. I totally agree that you have to deal with that first. The combination of meds and counseling is a really good idea. Please dont cut back on your dose without letting your doc know.

Hopefully yo will fine some relief soon. Untill than keep coming and posting. Someone is always listening.

WildThing

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »
Thanks Piebird, the doc did suggest I cut down on the dose by 10mg, I wouldn't do it without her advice, just see how it goes now I guess.  Still feel emotioanlly raw though and also realised I haven't got an endless supply of money soo paying or a counsellor is going to be challenging.  Oh the joys.