Author Topic: Would you have a hysterectomy?  (Read 13412 times)

Nancy60

Re: Would you have a hysterectomy?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »
I had a Novasure ablation in 2006 because of clots, bleeding/gushing alot like what you describe.  I haven't had any pregnancies or children.  I had one Gynocologist tell me I had PCOS, and 2 others tell me I didn't necessarily have it and the multiple cysts on my ovaries didn't necessarily mean PCOS.  The Novasure took care of the bleeding issues and has been a blessing as far as that goes.  I was under general anesthesia with it and my Gyn told me I wouldn't want to be awake during it! 

Last year I had a scare of a multilocular cyst on my ovary (I have had simple cysts before), luckily it resolved on it's own and the cancer markers were normal levels, but it was a scary few months watching and waiting and during that time I wondered, and still do at times, if I should have just gone ahead and had a hysterectomy so I wouldn't have to worry about all these female cancers....

I knew I wasn't going to have any children by that time but just felt like God gave me those organs for a reason and we probably don't know all the reasons, but if they aren't a problem, leave them be.....It is a hard decision but either way you go there are pros and cons. 

I think I am still glad I didn't have the hysterectomy, but the cancer fear crops up from time to time.  (by the way I don't have any female cancers in my family, but I am higher risk because of no pregnancies/children and being young when I started my period- so longer time exposed to estrogen).  Good luck with your decision but go in truely looking at both sides of the issue for you.

Nancy

4Kids

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:47 AM »
Just a quick update. After 9 on Day 3, Days 4 and 5 came with only 1 pad each. Then yesterday, nothing.  I thought complaining here was helping  ::)

Then this morning, crampy feelings and red spotting. Just barely enough to get on a mini pad.  Am trying to think of what hormone should cut in at the end of your period that isn't? This is what happened last month for a week of break through bleeding, I think is what they call it.

Overall, a lesser volume, less stress period but I would like it to be done and go away...
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

gardenlover

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 06:10:13 AM »
Have you considered an endometial ablation?  I'd been bleeding almost constantly for over a year after my last of 8 miscarriages.  I was on iron and always had to wear some sort of protection.  It was so frustrating and painful!  I put off the ablation for many months but now I wish I'd done it a year ago!!  I was nervous about having a flare but everything went fine.  I had to take some pain killers the first day and after that it was great.  I bled lightly for about 4-5 weeks afterwards, and that was it. Haven't bled since.  Please...this is much less invasive than a hysto., so it might be a starting point. Do a little research on it... :D

4Kids

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 06:13:18 AM »
You bet, that is what I am waiting for!

Here they do nova sure under local sedation... did not work for me. So glad to hear so many here had to have general for it too!
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

gardenlover

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 07:18:45 AM »
Yes, I was put under general and everything went great.