Author Topic: 2nd time trying ldn. this time 1.5mg. thru me straight into flarehelp!  (Read 1362 times)

valene2009

i started 3mg low dose naltrexone about a month ago. 4 days. awful. sick. couldnt sleep all night. etc... part of it.. but it also dried me out so bad-esp my pore eyes.

i started the 1.5mg last night -actually 4am when i woke up and remembered to take it.. i feel like the flu plus 100 times worse.. i slept a few hours today.. achy. eyes killing me.. i dont know if i should keep trying or not..i have met 2 people it helped with dry eye but only 2.   everyone says it takes time to get used to.. not sure what to do..

last time i tried taking it at night (like sugggested) for 2 nights-then i switched to days and i felt worse...

any thoughts or opinions?? i know you cant tell me what to do i just need some friendly encouragment on how to decide if this is helping or hurting me???
thanks
valene. :)

anita

I think you answered it yourself.

The only thing I can do is hope your feel better.  I have not heard/read that it's supposed to make you feel worse before it helps.  Are you still taking the Plaquenil?
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

eyeamdry

Valene, what did your dr say?  Did you ask to be given this med?  Or was it your dr's idea?  I'm just asking so we have a little more info here. 

That has been talked about on the board a little bit, but more a few years ago.  I'm not sure, but I don't remember any real shouts about it making someone feel much better.  Did you look up the background of people who have used this?

I hope you can continue to take it and get some relief. I am one who thinks most things such as something a little off the beaten path likely doesn't work, or all of us would be there.  On the other hand I see a few people are helped sometimes by something the rest of us get no help from.

I've been waiting for a cure for dry eye for over 12 years since my Lasik doc slashed my eyes.  The Sjogrens came a few years later to add insult to injury.  Over 12 years, Ive heard of many "dry eye fixes, cures, almost cures, etc."  I have tried most of them and I can say that I'm on drops every hour and my night goggles, daytime goggles w/RX. etc.  A cure for dry eye doesn't exist.  We have to use what we already know, darn it.  Let us know about Naltrexene.  Lucy

valene2009

hi there

of course it was my idea and my doc is very openminded... i skipped it last night since i had an eye exam(optometrist) today-which i missed since my left eye is killing me...
anyway i was hoping i could tolerate the ldn... everyone on the "board"-support site-is telling me to look up my own info, or that i have adrenal fatigue (which i probably do)

lucy i kind of agree iwth you-if it helped that much everyone would be on it..

just not sure if i should try another night?  i could call my doc but i know he would say its my call-i either keep trying it or stop it...:(

valene2009

just spoke with the pharmacist who made my ldn-he is the main person who compounds it,. anyway, he said i am taking such a low dose he doesnt see how it could have caused a flare...with sjogrens we never know where flares come from

anyway, i may 1/2 the dose tonight and see... he said he does have people on it iwth sjogrens and it helps with the dryness... once you get up to a certain dose you stop the plaquenil-that is ideal at least...

i will tyry again tonight..