Author Topic: cold feet but not to the touch  (Read 2829 times)

NSZIG

cold feet but not to the touch
« on: April 18, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
it usually starts out with afoot but can also go to my hands, it feels like they are in a bucket of cold water but to the touch they are warm. If I put on warmer socks, covers, or even warm water it still feels like they are in ice water. Does anyone have suggestions on where I can get help with this. It is driving me nuts :o

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: cold feet but not to the touch
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »
Hi  :)

You need to mention this to a doc. It sounds like it could be the start of Reynauds. It may well not be though. It could be a kind of neuropathy.

I don't have Reynauds but I used to frequently feel as though my shoes were filled with ice water so I really empathise with you. My feet now burn and I can't make up my mind which sensation was worse.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
Wow, Zig, that sounds weird!  Just like a Sjoggie!  :)

I keep my feet on a heating pad all the time. But mine feel cold to the touch.

Have you talked to any medical folks about it?
Female, 60
Sjogrens and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, Mary's Magic Mouthwash, carafate.

tracyj

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »
I have Reynauds and the same thing happens to me in hands or feet.

Iris

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 06:50:32 PM »
I must be weird because mine are just the opposite.. Mine feel hot but they feel cold if I touch them.. I hate wearing shoes..  ::)
Sjogren's Syndrome, fibromyalgia, essential tremor, RLS, degenerative disc disease, heart disease -
Lisinopril, Pantoprazole, Ranitidine, Plavix, Diltiazem, Simvastatin, Linzess, Aspirin, pain meds, serum tears, fish oil

jazzlover

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »
Maybe Google "Raynaud's Syndrome" and see if you fit the picture.
Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib, neuropathy, plantar fasciitis

Piebird

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »
Talk to your doc about it. I have idiopathic peripheral neuropathy with the sjogren's. I have all kinds of sensations, or lack of them, in my legs and feet. You might need a refurral to a neuro to get it checked out.

Let us know what happens.

rcristal

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »
 I have had Reynauds for years as part of SJ evidently.  80 degrees out side and I have on 3 pairs of socks and a sweatshirt.  My hands and feet are cery cold all the time.  I, also, have tingling sensations in my toes.  Not much fun.

jazzlover

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »
Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib, neuropathy, plantar fasciitis