Author Topic: Good Things About Being a Soggie  (Read 10391 times)

smallfry

Re: Good Things About Being a Soggie
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 10:23:18 PM »
I didn't realise that there are so many positives to having Sjogrens ;D LOL

Thankyou

Cheryl

Gayle

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
and the best for me is I have a great, built in excuse to not do one darn thing I don't want to do... Makes saying no much easier and accepted. I love all these answers... apparently most men came from same mold... :)

Daisy1234

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
One good thing that I can add is that my sense of smell and taste have been greatly diminshed by the Sjogren's. 

The subsequent advantage is that I don't mind my husband's cooking as much as I originally did and the other advantage is that I have a really farty english bulldog as my companion and my nose doesn't mind that either haha.  :)

Daisy

(Still alive and kickin)

Gayle

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »
Oh Daisy, you are a hoot! I have two Bostons with the same...er... issue!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:54 PM »
Daisy, Your farty bulldog has to be the best thing about sjogrens on this post!!!Hugs Irish ;D

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 06:47:07 AM »
I LOVE bulldogs no matter what they do!!!  My big boy golden burps and the smell is often worse then what comes from the other end!!  Either way ;D I keep a jar of "stop gas" pills and they seem to work temporarily! 
We should change the heading to "Good Things About Being a Soggie when you Own a Stinky Dog"!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:34 AM »
This is an AWESOME thread!!!! 

I envy all of you with your broken sniffers ;D.  My labrador retriever farts all night long and it smells like a skunk and of course he has to sleep right next to my side of the bed  ::).  I spend a lot of time hiding under the blankets at night  :P

The best part of being a sjoggie for me has to be how much closer it has brought me and my husband.  For a long time we had been living almost separate lives in the same house.  Very much in love, but not really doing anything together.  He took care of paying the bills and all paperwork related stuff and ran around all day doing his mayor stuff.  I stayed home and raised the kids, cooked and cleaned.  I went to work 2 years ago and he had to stay home with the kids which kind of 'broke him in' to taking care of the house.  Then I got sick suddenly and it's all fallen on him.  At first he didn't understand and even thought I just didn't like working and 'came up with sickness' to avoid working.  Now he understands and is my advocate  :).  We had a heart to heart last night and I swear we are even closer than I thought possible.  For the first time in a long time, I felt like he was there for ME and my needs completely.  So, THANK YOU autoimmune diseases!

Cricket

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 09:59:25 AM »
I forget everything, nothing sticks!

My daughter asked me the other day if I would NOT tell someone something and I told her her secrets were safe with me cause I already forgot it!  So I guess I won't get in as much trouble any more for letting things slip! Lol!

Great thread! :) ;D
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
This is fun!  :)

I have a friend who told me the other day that he loves telling me jokes, because he can tell me the same one over and over and I laugh as though I've never heard it before.

(That's because I don't remember having heard it before!!!)
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Gayle

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »
all are great! Keep going! I meet the same people over and over... keep forgetting I met them to start with.. introduce myself again. Can only laugh!

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
People think I am really strong because I never cry.... ::)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

SueAnn

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
My students get a big kick out of correcting me at school; which makes them feel really good and builds their self esteem.  Hey whats a guidance counselor for if not to build self esteem and make students feel good.

SueAnn
Sjs
LDN, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis..
Vit B complex, calcium, Vit D
Female - 50ish

Meld256

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Pisces,

Thank you for starting such a postive topic. :)  And what's turned out to be a funny and honest account of so much we go through. 

Daisy and your farty bulldog; the stinky=breathed golden retrievers, and all the rest.  There are definitely some positives in with all the not-so-positives we endure! 

I believe going through this has taught me humility and how to not judge others as I might have done previously.  I have such a better understanding of everyone with chronic health issues.

My husband and I have also become closer.  We had a few challenging months when I was depressed and ill and not sure what my life would be in the future, but after 2 years we have a better understanding of each other.  He's also my biggest advocate. :)

Patze

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 07:23:41 PM »
The good thing about SJS is that the doctors take me seriously; I don't get the  "just a middle aged lady with some random symptoms" routine  ::) - y'all know what I mean. 

I do like most of the staffs as they are some great ladies that never let me stay "miserable" for long (no matter how awful I may feel).

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »
This thread is pretty hilarious!  It is nice to hear Sjoggies getting closer to their Mr. Sjoggies!  I think me and Mr. SJS have done more serious talking since my diagnosis although he still thinks they made a mistake in my blood tests (2x ROFL....this screams denial of a Sjoggie mate!!)

I do like how people confide in me all the time.....and when they ask me to promise to not tell anyone I always promise cuz I know I'm going to forget what they tell me soon after!!!!  Having SJS has made me everyone's best friend and confidant....LOL.....I love it!!!  I hope I can retire at my current job because my memory would never get me hired at a new place...in fact I'd probably be applying at the same place over and over!   
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with