Author Topic: Good Things About Being a Soggie  (Read 10189 times)

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
Re: Good Things About Being a Soggie
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »

Less perspiration  ;) (This positive attribute impacts multiple body parts & clothing )
My knowledge of medical terminology & AI diseases present like a medical professional.
I get to buy expensive shoes for my incredibly painful feet.
I get to beg-out on the exercise regimen that my husband & I committed to do together.
My "I'm too fatigued to care" attitude allows me to worry less. (this includes house presentation for company; always putting myself together in fashionable clothing; cooking thoughtful meals, etc.)
My morning beauty regimen has been drastically reduced due to painful everything.
When I feel down, I can rationalize my chocolate intake ...okay I am a Master at this even w/o a medical condition)
I can prop up in my bed with pillows & watch Lifetime Movies (or other coveted reality tv) and not feel guilt
I can easily purge the unsupportive people from my life
I have clearer vision when it comes to prioritizing my life and the people & things in it
Figuratively speaking, I can kick a bad physician to the curb quicker than you can say, autoimmune disease blows.
I can advocate for myself like a rock star
I can sometimes laugh and make jokes about the ugly bunions; nodules & drifting digits I am developing
I can embrace my whiny verbal complaints guilt-free, without feeling like I've earned a DSM IV diagnosis

Okay..okay I could just go on & on with all of the Sjoggie "positives" . Suffice it to say..that in spite of their presentation, there are
a few positives that we can all find if we look hard enough.

SjoDry  ;D

Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

madderakka

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
How on earth do you get less perspiration? I am always sweating! I think it's the one thing on my body that works. Now you can add that I am totally jealous of you to your list of positives.  :D

Lspeed1983

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »
Forces me to plan my days, vacations, and really my whole life more carefully. Slowing down and planning each day has been an unexpected perk of SjS! 

Also made me waaaaaay more sympathetic.  I use to think peps with these types of disorders were playing the system.  Wow Karma reached out and slapped me right in the face.

shellthebell

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 02:28:36 PM »

Having Sjogren's makes me count my blessings. I am now thankful for everyday I get to take a walk, play with my grandchildren, travel with my husband, clean my house, water the plants, gather the eggs, cook dinner and do all the other things other folks take for granted.

It is also good that when I don't do those things, and have to nap in the middle of the day instead, I have a  good reason. That's nice too!

LittleBlue

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »
It's handy at Halloween time, the dry husk like skin, parched and scabby looking mouth, and red-ringed eyes is a good basis to a bandaged mummy costume :o

You find your not so objectional to your dogs licking your face anymore. Well you have to get moisture from somewhere. Ditto someone spitting on you whilst they are talking. (just kidding)  ::)