Author Topic: Good Things About Being a Soggie  (Read 10208 times)

MissyLouWho?

Re: Good Things About Being a Soggie
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 06:55:14 AM »
I thought of more.  I really like thinking positive about this stuff!

1. Since I have been losing so much hair, it doesn't take so long to straighten it because half of it fell out already!  Plus, I usually get help from my hubby and oldest daughter because my arms get tired too fast, so it's like having beauticians come to me every few days  8)

2. My kids love it because I forget when I grounded them and they get off punishment early, and they like to tell me I told them they could do something because they know I won't remember if I did or didn't say it.  So that's a positive for THEM,  ;D

3.  Without this awful disease, I never would have met all of you.  And all of you are what have helped me get a handle on this thing and I forever will be thankful for the awfulness that brought us all together (((hugs and love to you all)))

Meld256

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 07:22:39 AM »
MissyLouWho?

Those are some good ones!

I must agree this forum has been one of the very best benefits of dealing with all of this.  I have made friendships and received so much encouragement and acceptance; I could never express my gratitude enough. :)

Melinda 

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »
I love being called "a Sjoggie".  My dog's name is Logie and he's got dry eyes and bad hips so I pretend that he has Sjogrens and I give him artificial tear drops, massages and chondroiton/glucosamine for his hips....no plaquenil of course!  He loves the attention and then I don't feel like the only one in the house with SJS!  He also likes being called Sjoggie Logie!
Yes, this disease has caused me to revert back to being a 10 year old child playing imaginative characters with my dogs!!   
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »
gold, At least you still are able to realize that it is just "pretend". lol IRish ;D

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 06:41:05 AM »
ohhhh I don't know about that Ms. Irish!!!!!!  I look forward to weekends when we can nap and snuggle together....me and Sjoggie Logie.   When I get home each day I ask him about his symptoms and how he's feeling......I give him a mini exam......then I tell him about how I'm feeling.....we seem to have extra dry eyes on the same days when the humidity is down (his eyes weep when it's dry).....you probably wondered if he told me that they hurt or sting....LOL!!

All I can say is that my husband makes "no comments" about the relationship between me and Sjoggie Logie.  If Logie is in the bed first snuggling with Mom then there is no room for hubby and he has to sleep in the daybed!  My hubby figures.....if it works and it's not medicine then keep doing it!!   
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Patze

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »
That is good Gold5!  Hubby's in the daybed! :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 05:16:57 PM »
Yep Patze....after almost 30 years together I'm sure he likes "the break" from me!!!!!
Actually he's so easy going he'd sleep on the floor if I wanted to snuggle with my three goldens ;)
I love my husband but I think in my second life I will marry my dog ;D

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 10:27:34 AM »
Jenny just posted a link about coffee stimulating our glands!!  Yippee, the caffeine is now a good thing!!  I love the smell and taste of coffee but was avoiding it due to dryness.  I think it does stimulate the glands in many people!!  Who knows what they'll approve of next.....whiskey....tequila....white russians.....Baileys!!!  Love it!!

Patze

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
I wish caffeine would stimulate my glands, but alas, it is not to be.  Oh, if you hear about any kind of whiskey/liquor stimulating the glands, by all means do post! ;) :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Gayle

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 05:22:30 AM »
Hi Patze

No harm in pretending!  :-*

soycoffee

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 08:14:22 AM »
People think I am really strong because I never cry.... ::)
I, too, think I am really strong because I never cry.

Soycoffee

WildThing

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
I can sleep all day and not get accused of being lazy.

My boobs are grwing and it seems is soggie thing as  alot of other women on here have the same issue which is good for Joe coz he's surrounded by well endowed women. (credit goes to Gold for that)

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 05:52:40 AM »
I thought of another great reason for being a sjoggie and thought a bump in the thread for newbies couldn't hurt either  ;)

I read a lot.  Now with my Sjoggie memory, I can reread books as if I never read them in the first place!  Saves a lot of money  :P.  I've done this with several books just recently that I read about 6 months ago.  The same goes for movies but not as good as for books!

iraisin

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
I'm more understanding to others with problems.

And I don't waste my time on those who don't love so well.

I'm wiser about myself and consider myself more.

AND, I'm really glad to see Daisy1234 post again! Missed you, lady. Glad you're well.

madderakka

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 11:32:35 AM »
I always get compliments from my doctors when they ask how much water I drink since I tell them that I drink water all day.

I have a medical excuse to chew gum even where others aren't allowed to!