Author Topic: Prescription Program  (Read 1663 times)

lighthouse33

Prescription Program
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:11:37 AM »
My mom is incapable of dealing with her prescriptions.  Dad is having to run to the pharmacy multiple times per week to get her refills.  Neither one of them are good organizers.  I would like to help out by entering the information into my computer or iPad.  Can anyone recommend a program, a file or an app that would help me do this.  That way I could take charge of it and e-mail in the refills when it is time and save dad some trips.  Thanks in advance.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Prescription Program
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
I don't know one, but I would like one too!

Elaine

I'll GOOGLE that topic now, too.

Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Pisces24

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
I don't know of a program BUT my father had multiple meds to take and I got him one of those monthly pill organizers. You could take a week out and carry it around as needed. It really helped.

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 01:19:11 PM »
Lighthouse,
You have a good question.   I just searched "app for scheduling prescription refills,"  and several choices came up.  Walgreens also popped up, advertising auto refills (apparently they text you when it's time to come pick them up, if you don't want them mail delivered.)  If Walgreens offers this service, I'm sure that there are other pharmacies that do the same.  Good luck finding a solution that works for you and your parents!
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

stillinshockwithsjogrens

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:35:27 PM »
I can only recommend from my own experience here where I live...CVS calls whenever it's time for a refill. They are great in the fact that they're open 24 hours, will fill a script in 5-15 minutes and you can manage your scripts online.  They're a tad more expensive for generics than Costco, but CVS' service is second to none, at least the one near me.

grammad97

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »
Some pharmacy programs are now doing automatic refilled without folks calling in or logging in. They refill and mail or deliver or call for pickup. I also saw a pharmacy that sorts pills together and packages them for morning,noon, evening and bedtime. Its all boxed up and each group of pills is labled with date/time to take. It might help. Plus the RX stuff is on package so no plasticboxes to pop open with no info on what stuff is.
Primary sjogrens, UCTD; osteoarthritis;osteopenia; HBP ;fibromyalgia;RX-plaquenil, butrans 20mcg patch ;flexaril;hydrocodone5/325;restasis, omega3, vit D, super B complex;s ;gluten free;lisinopril;moderate hearing loss

eyeamdry

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
Medco does this and mails 3 months of most medications.  It has just been bought by a new company which name escapes me.  Brain freeze. 

Meld256

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 12:40:42 AM »
grammad97,

The program you mention that sorts pills and packages them for times of the day sounds like a great option for some people.  Certainly must help if there are lots of them or if someone has some trouble keeping track of them.

Hey Lucy,
Is it Express Scripts that bought out Medco?  (I hate the brain freeze; it gets me quite often.)  I only know the company since it's who we have now. :)

quietdynamics

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
I got tired of the stress of different prescription dates. So I manged to have them all renewed on the same date. It takes some initial work, but once done.. It is done! Then I found a pharma that delivers and is part of my grocery shopping loop.

Write down the date of renewal/drug.  Find the cluster. Call pharmacy and find out how many days before date you can fill..so you can consolidate trip. When you pick up med ask pharmacist how to get scripts filled on same date. You may have to have standing scripts partially filled and then have the dr. Office call in new ones.

Once you have the script date, have any new scripts called/made for that date.

I fill my script on or before the 1st of the month.
If I get a new script on the 15th, I ask the Dr to write one script for the half month and one for the beginning with however many renewals.  Or the office can call it in.

Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"