Author Topic: CROC shoes  (Read 2678 times)

eye2dry

CROC shoes
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »
For work I wear Sketchers, I have several types...open back, without laces and with laces. They feel alright. I work 9-10 hour days on the days that I work ( part-time).

I recently tried on a pair of my daughters Crocs and they felt good. Not crazy about the style my daughter had but they seemed coushy on my feet.  They felt comfortable.

Does anyone wear them? Are they the kind of comfort that would last all day?

eye2dry

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: CROC shoes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
Crocs are amazing.

I found out when I put on a pair of my nephew's Crocs and couldn't believe how good they feel.

Sketchers are amazing too.

Unfortunately I now wear a size 12 and there are NO Sketchers in that size, and few Crocs.

And so it goes.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »
I have see a number of women fall when their croc shoes stuck.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Sooki

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 09:32:47 PM »
There are a lot of nurses who wear Crocs.  Seems a good testimonial to me.  Crocs even make the plastic shoes in white now.  They're very wide though; my feet swim in them.  But many people find them very comfortable.
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 06:13:38 AM »
They are very comfortable!  I even had a knock off brand and even they were awesome!  Unfortunately, I couldn't wear them at work (we had to wear sneakers due to the nature of the job, walking on concrete 9 hours a day, up and down ladders etc).   For sneakers, we all swore New Balance were the best.  It's the first thing we told new hires.  I have a dilapidated pair from last year (the netting on the sides ripped but the rest of the shoe is perfect!) and when I have leg fatigue, I put them on and they help tremendously.  Even just walking around in the house I wear them.  I noticed a huge difference at work the first day I wore them.  Intense persistent leg fatigue and pain were gone, when they usually hurt after 2 hours.  I really suggest NB.  They can be pricey, as I'm used to spending $20 on a cheap pair.  I blew out 3 cheap pair before I finally got the NB.  I got mine on sale for $45  8) but they can run into $80 which is a lot for me.  Really worth it though.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 07:42:06 AM »
Hi  :)

I would love to wear Crocs because they feel so light but they are too wide for my feet, so I can't. My feet just rattle around inside them.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Iris

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
They are very comfortable but if your feet sweat alot you'd better wear socks with them..

Elaine if you get the unisex kind you can get them all the way up to a women's size 15..

Scottie if you foot is small you can do like my niece and get them in kids sizes so they aren't too wide..
Sjogren's Syndrome, fibromyalgia, essential tremor, RLS, degenerative disc disease, gastritis, Ischemic colitis, heart disease.
Lisinopril, Pantoprazole, Ranitidine, Plavix, Diltiazem, Simvastatin, Magnesium, Aspirin, pain meds, serum tears, fish oil

cat

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
I have had a swollen very painful foot all winter. While away on vacation I visited a Croc outlet and bought myself a pair. What a welcome surprise after wearing them for awhile my foot started to improve. Now it's almost pain free. I wear them all day in the house now.
Cat

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
Hi Iris  :)

My feet are too big for kids sizes but too narrow for crocs!  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

smallfry

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Crocs are great I wear them for all my yard work yes very light and comfy, in summer I wear Birkenstocks, winter orthoic friendly Kumfs. 

Poochie

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 06:08:59 AM »
I have never tried the Crocs although I would like too.  I wear the Easy Spirit clogs and find them really, really comfortable.  The sole or tread is really nice for a safe foot hold.  (I tend to fall very easy - thanks to "Fred"  ;D

I'll have to try a pair of the Crocs for summer.  I find the Easy Spirit quite comfortable and have them in sport and dressy styles. 

Pooh

eye2dry

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
I tried a pair of "Mercy" Crocs, white in color for work. I wear a size 7...oh my gosh. My foot swam in them...way too wide.

Came home and got on line to Crocs website and noticed Crocs come in 3 widths......Roomy....Relaxed and Standard. I did not know that and neither did the sales lady at the shoe store.

I will be ordering my Crocs online.

eye2dry

Doxie

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »
I live in crocs! In fact I now think I'm a croc-aholic!  I have purchased so many of them, too many of them in fact. I have some for winter, some for summer and some for all the between times.  Though I have not purchased any to wear while eating green eggs and ham.

I find them very comfortable, and never give me blisters. I have some croc sandals that I don't wear socks with. I wear socks with the shoe type crocs.

I order mine online.  It is true, some styles are wider than other styles. I usually read the reviews. They give a good indication too.

What is nice, is that returns are free!  So if they don't fit, send them back and try another size or style.

No, I don't work for crocs  ;)

lynnmarie219

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »
I also wear crocs and love them....not always the most stylish...but I love the feel and comfort and have them in several colors. They are now coming out with more and more styles too...but I still like the original slip on clog type. I buy mine off of e-bay as they are cheaper than in the stores, but still new!