Author Topic: Touching/treating enlarged lymph nodes?  (Read 688 times)

gardenlover

• Goldens are the best medicine!!
Touching/treating enlarged lymph nodes?
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:12 PM »
Sorry I have so many questions right now!!  You're all so patient with me  :)  Does anyone know if it is dangerous to rub the lymph nodes if they are enlarged?  I was having a massage and just asked the woman to leave my neck alone just in case.  Or, it is better to massage it?  Has anyone done chiropractic work on the lymph nodes?  Thanks
30ish--female, Sjorgens, neurological,IBS, depression, raynauds, dryness, swollen lymph nodes, systemic yeast-leaky gut? Cymbalta,plugs,Restasis,VitD3,probiotic,GLA, Flax oil,multi., fish oil, L-Glutamine,garlicin, oregano,zinc,lactoferrin,beta-glucan,dig. enz.
"Off The Wheaten Path"and dairy, sugar

Jellyb

Re: Touching/treating enlarged lymph nodes?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
Hi!
I learned on this forum that it is good to massage the swollen lymphnodes. I posted about it last year sometime.
Primary sjogrens, Raynauds.
Magnesium, vitamin C, tumeric, low dose estrogen.

Multiple chemical and food allergies
Gluten free

Nancy60

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »
Please be careful about massaging swollen lymphnodes until you are certain of the cause.  If they are swollen because of an undiagnosed cancer, the massage can move the cancer cells through the lymphatic system potentially spreading it.  It is one of the contraindications taught in massage.  Please get your doctor's advice before doing this.

Nancy

gardenlover

• Goldens are the best medicine!!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »
Thanks...that is what I thought so I was leaving it alone until I find out what it is. 
30ish--female, Sjorgens, neurological,IBS, depression, raynauds, dryness, swollen lymph nodes, systemic yeast-leaky gut? Cymbalta,plugs,Restasis,VitD3,probiotic,GLA, Flax oil,multi., fish oil, L-Glutamine,garlicin, oregano,zinc,lactoferrin,beta-glucan,dig. enz.
"Off The Wheaten Path"and dairy, sugar

irish

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:26 PM »
Rubbing lymph nodes is not the best thing to do until you have it oked by the doc. However, massaging your salivary glands is permissible and often the only thing that will give relief. Irish