Author Topic: ladies...topic concerning creams.  (Read 1268 times)

eye2dry

ladies...topic concerning creams.
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
Been through menopause a few years now...hot flashes went away last year. D/t menopause and the added problem of sjogrens...vaginal dryness is a problem.

My last 2 bouts with UTI's my PCP said if I used Premarin 0.625 mg. once per week it would help the tissues in the urethral area and vaginal area (they are pretty much back-to-back.) He said to use it sparingly.

I have always resisted it from my gyne. But the last UTI in April was terriblle.

So, I have been using it since the middle of May till now. I can say that I do use less K-Y jelly now .....sex not painful during or afterwards like it was.

How many use this ...Premaarin 0.625mg ? how often? your success or failure with it?

I have no history of breast, uterine,ovarian,etc....cancers...not even female relatives.

But still I worry. My mom, aunts,grandmothers,MIL,etc...all toughed it out....but they didn't have sjogrens either.

eye2dry

iraisin

Re: ladies...topic concerning creams.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »
I wish we could flag posts so we can come back and refer to them or "fav" them or something. I have bouts of this so I hope you get some good intel from this post. I have no clue about this stuff and it's something that the majority of us need to know about.

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
Re: ladies...topic concerning creams.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
I've used it and really liked it.  But with my over active bladder is seemed to make it a little worse.  It did help with the dryness.  I may have to start using it again as the UTIs are begining again.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes