Author Topic: Hubby in hospital again!!!  (Read 9924 times)

quiger

• Sjogrens Staff
Re: Hubby in hospital again!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 01:54:23 PM »
Hi Irish,

I am not here much anymore but thought I'd stop in before signing off. So sorry to hear about the problems your hubby has been having. I know how strong you are but we all need a hug and support at times. Here's yours (((((hugs))))). I hope you are taking good care of yourself. Sometimes we lose track of ourselves when we are taking care of a loved one.

I hope things get better for you both. I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,
quiger
Check out the info on the home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »
Quiger, Thank you so much for the post and hugs. I really miss you around here. Realize that you need to take care of yourself. Yes, you are right, it is hard to take care of ourselves in the midst of the chaos.

Hope all is going well with you. I also hope that you don't get any bad storms down there. I watch the weather to see how your area of Florida is managing during this weather.

Thank you for taking the time to post. Hugs and more hugs to you, my friend. Irish ;D ;D

WildThing

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 06:53:16 AM »
I hope things improve soon Irish, it is miserable to say the least having all this stress.  I do hope you are both ok and send out positive thoughts for you x

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »
Thanks wildthing and everyone else who has been inquiring and concern.

Hubby is going much better. He started on the new medication for his lungs and in 4 days he was having so many side effects that he quit taking it. I didn't blame him.

We are both trying to get rested up because the weather is trying to become Spring. It has rained some every night this week. Not a lot, but the grass is getting green and the birds are chirping. Weather has been so overcast and muggy that it makes breathing kind of miserable.

Hubby has been surviving the muggy weather amazingly well. We will just keep on keeping on and see what happens. Have to contact the pulmonologist about him quitting the Dalirest and see what she says about the NAcetylCystene. Thanks again. Irish ;D

Patze

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
Hey Irish, did the 2X4 help any???  I know that you used it as I saw the splinters fly by here a week or so ago!  ;) ;D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

eyeamdry

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:52 PM »
Hi Irish-
I sent you a pm without seeing this thread.  It's of funny stuff so hope its ok.  Sorry about your hubby but sounds like he may be on the upswing right now.  Lucy

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
Thanks Patze and Lucy. Yes, things are looking better now but I don't dare hold my breath cause that is when I get whacked from outof nowhere.

Hey Patze, Boy, did you ever see the splinters fly. It too 3 of them darn 2/4's to get the job done. Men have such darn hard heads!!!! 8) Irish ;D

Patze

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
Now ain't that the truth Mrs. Irish? ;) ;D

And it took three boards?  Wow!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

lostone

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2012, 05:06:03 PM »
Hoping your husband is feeling a lot better, I had a small glimpse of what your going through this winter,, my wife got really sick this winter for a week,, and with my health,, it was a trying week, the cold of winter tore through me so bad I became housebound,,and now that spring has cometo early,,along with the heat,, its drivingme back inside, just cantfind that happey medium, but again,, hope yourbothdoing well,,

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 09:41:04 PM »
Thanks for the kind note. I hope that your wife is doing better. Irish

WildThing

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
How's he doing now Irish?

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »
Mr. Irish is doing fairly well. He just finished an antibiotic and if past history prevails he will be on another one within a month if not sooner.

It is so windy and dusty today and I just saw him outside. I called over to son's business and gave him another talking to regarding the mask, etc. Man, I just can't believe how men treat illness. I guess they think they are invincible. I am the "heavy" at our house I guess. He is a great guy but he has never had a good grasp on all this medical stuff. Guess all that info makes life too complicated. :o :o ::) ::) Thanks for asking. irish ;D

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 12:45:53 PM »
irish, I am glad you both are doing some better at the moment. We both have an appointment in the morning, mostly so we can get some med refills. My hubby needs a test done, but doesn't want to talk about it right now. It is hard to get them to go or get something done, even when they are sweet.

I am doing all I can to help my dad since my mom passed away. Today is the first day I haven't gone down yet, but I am tired. I feel so sorry for him. He and mom would have been married 60 years this June. He said he wished he had gone first, and said mom said she wanted to go first. I told my husband, it looks like mom won.

Me and my husband want to go together. Oh well.
You and your hubby get rest, do something fun, but not exerting, and have a good week.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

WildThing

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
Glad things are looking up Irish.  I know what you mean I think about your son and how men treat illness (no offense guys) but ofen they don't know what to say in a tricky situation.  They probably mean well but I think they feel obliged to put everything right and say the right thing or else they're doomed so in the end they say nothing whearas women just say whatever.

Still thinking of you anyway x

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »
Wildthing, Sorry about the confusion. Our son has a business out here next to our place--literally across the driveway. My hubby hangs out there all day and has for years. He used to do some things around the business to keep busy and help out. He can't do as much now but he still hangs out.

He hangs out with our son's dog plus hubby doesn't miss the coffee breaks. Our son likes having him around, too. Hubby went out and used the skid steer unloader today without a mask---iin that wind---for more than a few minutes. That is when I watched til hubby went back inside and called him. He doesn't stand a chance. I am hot on his trail all the time. :o :o ::) :P ;DIrish ;D

And speaking of sons---they can be stubborn too. Must take after their dads.