Author Topic: Hubby in hospital again!!!  (Read 9676 times)

eyeamdry

Re: Hubby in hospital again!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 10:10:24 PM »
Oh, Irish, you are in a tough position for sure and so is your hubby.  You are right about being ornery as you get older and sicker.  A hug and an apology can go a long way, even if you weren't in the wrong.  I know you both help each other out as the days tick by depending on who is the most capable. 

It must also help in you being a nurse and he knows he should listen to you.  Are any of your sons in the area so they can help out or at least check in and see how things are?  I know you probably hate to ask as most of us old ppl do, but it can really get you over the hump and even the company can get your mood changed.  I'll be watching here and please keep us posted.  Lucy
((((HUGS)))))

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 12:34:38 PM »
Have been out of town and am just now catching up on all the news. How is Mr. Irish today?
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »
Hi Abbey, Well, Mr. Irish( ;D) is not happy to be in the house. This morning his O2 sat was 82 but we don't think it was right cause his hands were so darned cold. However, he has had loose stools and no drinking enough so I am battling the "doesn't want to drink" attitude that he has had for years. He always says that drinking fluids makes him sick---it probably does cause so many other things make him sick. His old GI doc told him that he could use a "total GI transplant" and this was way back when it was just a glimmer in the eyes of the researchers.

His cough is less and he is eating. We had a doc appt for Friday but got it moved up to Wed and I am not giving him anymore antibiotic til he sees the doc. I don't cotton to him getting so dehydrated that he needs IV's or ending up with C.diff. I dread C.diff more that I do the darned old MRSA. It seems to be more invasive for some reason and really hard to deal with.

So, it is just sit and hope that he can rally from this event. He doesn't look good at all and for the first time he is really down in the dumps. He is weak and complaining that he can't get his strength back. Actually, his O2 sats have been in the 90's since he got home so time will tell.

One thing you can't do is outguess the progression of a disease. Takes more patience than anything I have done in many years. Thanks for asking and letting me vent.

Lucy, we have 2 boys in town and one lives next door to us so anytime we need help we can call them. They stay away much of the time because of all the "bugs" we have here during illnesses. We don't need either one of them getting sick cause they are who we depend on first. Also, their kids don't need our germs. Another boy 2 hours away who will come down if we ask him. Hasn't been to that point yet. Next door DIL will pick up groceries for me if I need them. Take care all. Irish

genko_b

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »
Glad to hear he is home at least. It is really hard to watch a loved one be down in the dumps - harder than dealing with our own moods. I do hope he gets more upbeat soon. It makes a difference in healing as well.

Here's hoping he doesn't develop C. diff, and that he is feeling stronger and perkier soon.

Take care,

Genko

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »
I hope that things turn around for him soon. This weather has not been kind as of late with all the school closing. Take care.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

smallfry

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »
Oh, Irish
Apart from being in constant worry you must be worn out,It's good news that he is home and if he is grumbling he must be on the mend or feeling a bit better.

I hope that all will be well again soon.

Thinking of you

Cheryl

lynnmarie219

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
((((((((Mr and Mrs Irish))))))))

Thought you could both use a big cyber hug!

Patze

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »
Now Irish, you are going about this entirely the wrong way!  You keep asking him what he wants, now you must tell him!   And if he still doesn't want to listen, then you tie him up until he is willing to listen to reason.  If he decides that reason isn't for him, a 2X4 is often a good persuader....now thats how you get someone to follow your direction!  ;) ;D

Seriously though, give him a hug from me and tell him that we're watching and he best be behaving! :D

Now you take extra special care of yourself as well, okay?

Patze

Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

eyeamdry

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »

___________ ;D ;D-Mr. and Mrs. Irish. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D--I love this and it will be your mantra from now on Mrs. Irish.  You tell Mr. Irish that you are the boss and he'd better listen.  How a good laugh helps. 

soycoffee

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 10:36:45 AM »
Irish, I'm glad you have help nearby, now that Mr. Irish is at home with you. I'm wondering whether he would be challenged by a paint-by-number kit, or studying a field guide to birds. Actually, it's possible to combine these two, with Peterson field guides -- also reptiles and amphibians, as well as birds -- that are "color it in." Both are available on Amazon, so you don't have to make a trip.

For what it's worth,
Soycoffee
PS -- What about music? Singing to him, having him pick CDs he likes, getting a favorite radio station on some of the time -- maybe some music from the 40s, 50s, and 60s -- that you both have forgotten.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:39:20 AM by soycoffee »

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
Mr. Irish and I were to the doctor today. :P When the doc came in the room he said "well hello, miracle boy!! Did you knock on the door and it wouldn't open??" We have a great FP and get along with him very well. He is smart and kind!!

Anyway, doc said hubby is looking quite good after all he went through again. Hubby drove to the doctors office and so far he seems to have all his faculties. It is a miracle that he doesn't get into more health issues than he already has. All these infections and respiratory failures that he goes through are hard on him---and on me. I talk to myself and to God alot at times like this.

I have also found another good stress reliever. I watch "Everybody Loves Raymond" everyday for an hour cause I get to laugh and feel like a normal person instead of the second half of a "sicko autoimmune tag team". HeHe!!! WE have to laugh or else we lose our minds. Also, I continue to eat ice cream which is a very "feel good" food. Thanks folks. Irish ;D

(I should add that the "knocking on the door remark" remark referred to the pearly gates)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:06:34 PM by irish »

harlin

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
Sending lots of love and prayers :)
Love harlin

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
So glad you got a good report.

Sometimes even though we are sick all we can do is laugh together.

Continued prayers for you and Mr. Irish!  :)

Irish you have a special place in my heart, you were the first person here to answer my post many moons ago.  You were so kind, I thank you! :D
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

WildThing

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 01:38:36 PM »
Hey Irish

just wanted to send you love and hugs and good wishes.  I do hope everything is levelling out for you and Mr Irish now.  Positive vibes to you both x

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »
irish I am so sorry hubby had been in the hospital and been so sick. I do agree that as we get older, and sicker for sure, we get crabbier. Me and my hubby was like that the other night. It was my fault though. I felt bad, and was just plain cranky.

My husband is sweet to not hold it against me. He does understand, but the hardest is probably when I get cranky all of a sudden, and it catches me by surprise then it is hard.

I wish I could be there with you for at least a day to be cranky with you.  ;D

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi