Author Topic: Vision and shadows  (Read 16279 times)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Vision and shadows
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »
It needs to be checked out.
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 08:55:45 AM »
Anita, have you talked to anyone else about this, or are you just going to wait for your neuro appointment next week?

Your worried friend,
A66ey
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

anita

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 09:11:24 AM »
A66eyroad,

I went to the eye doctor last week.  At first he thought maybe it's from eye strain, but it still occurs (and did so while I was in his office) even with my reading glasses on.  He wants me to see the neuro, which is next week. 

Oddly, my vision is not blurry when this happens...just double images below the original, like a shadow.  Actually the eye doctor called it double vision (diplopia) and the second/shadows as the ghost images.  He said usually it is eye muscles from strain or neuro problems.  He could not see any damage to my eye, which is good in one way.  Still concerned though.

I'll let you know next week after I see the neuro
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

A66eyroad

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »
I'm so glad to hear it wasn't vision changes from Plaquenil!

Let us know what you find out next week. I'm holding you in the light!   :)
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.

Patze

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »
Good luck at the neuros Anita!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

susan

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »

I experience double vision that is most pronounced in the evening when I am especially tired. It is also worse in terms of my position in relationship to what I am trying to see----example sometimes if I am watching tv from a corner of the room instead of more in front of the tv. The neuro-ophthamologist put prisms in my new prescription glasses which help. Possibilities for me are eye muscle changes from years of up & down thyroid & the fact that the optic chiasm (crossing) & pituitary tumor are very close. The double images that I see are one on top of the other if that makes sense.
Good luck, Anita, with your vision.
Sjogrens, Stills disease, Acromegaly, Interstitial cystitis

Plaquenil, Prednisone, Octreotide injectable, Crestor, Xanax

anita

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »
Susan,

My double vision does seem to be from eye fatigue of some sort, but I just don't understand how or why it happens so fast. This can happen even in the morning.  They do say the double vision is almost always muscular, but the cause of the muscular is usually neuro related.  Something is causing the eye muscles to weaken quickly. My vision is not blurry, just double and just like you the images are top/bottom, not side by side.  I will ask whether prisms can help.

I'm looking forward to seeing the neuro and get his input.
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

susan

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »

Anita,
Wishing you the best in resolving your double vision & clarifying the cause. Let us know how your visit goes!!

anita

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Well, I saw the neuro at Hopkins today and I'm no closer to the cause or what to do.  He did some basic neuro exams on my eyes and they seemed okay, but I still have the double vision even during the exam.  The other day it was so bad I saw two double yellow lines on the road and double road signs. At least I can tell which is the original and which the 'ghost image' below, but still made me very nervous driving and I came home immediately.

Anyway, he wants me to go back to the ophthalmologist (not optometrist like I did a couple weeks ago), for a more thorough work up.  So yet another appointment.

A66eyroad

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »
Anita, what's new with your eyes? Did you ever get to go see the opthalmologist? Or revisit your optometrist?

If the neuro thinks it's a refraction error, you might best be watched by the optometrist.
Female, 61

susan

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »

The driving experience sounds scary! I would keep pursuing the problem. Sounds as if you have access to good care; would a neuro-ophthamologist be helpful? Can't remember if you have thyroid issues......

anita

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
A66eyroad,

I saw the neuro last week, but no answers.  It still happens even with my reading glasses on, so they don't think it's refraction problem.  However, I did have new glasses made (just because I'm tired of putting on/off reading glasses all day).  I wanted to see if it still occured after I picked up new glasses.  It does...Bummer!  So now making an appt with another ophthalmologist.

Susan,

I really think a neuro-ophthalmologist would be best, but will see the reg ophthalmologist first I guess, then go to a neuro one if he suggests.   No thyroid issues...but I'm curious what the thyroid would have to do with vision?