Author Topic: Chewing gum and dentures  (Read 3051 times)

Katybarstool

Chewing gum and dentures
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »
Does anyone know which ones will not stick to the teeth? I thought I would give some a try this week, but have now got a layer of gum on my dentures. Any ideas of how to remove it, without damaging the dentures?

Kathyx

Luna

Re: Chewing gum and dentures
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
I do not have dentures, but do have lots of dental work. I find that I can only chew sugar free gums. They are the only ones that wont stick. What kind did you try?

Luna

slccom

• Sharon,
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »
I'd call the dentist and ask before I try  anything. There used to be something called Freedent gum. It was supposed to not stick to dental work.
Sharon, 57-YO female, Sjogren's, depression, sicca, ataxia, hard of hearing, neuropathy,  high BP, arthritis, more. Restasis, pilocarpine, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, oxygen, arthrotec, HRT, plaquinel.

Bucky

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 03:51:54 PM »
Kathyx - good question, I've wondered about this same thing too.

When I use to have a partial, I did chew the Freedent gum and it didn't stick.  With dentures - I'm not sure.

Why don't you check it out and get back to us.   ;)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

artsyamerican

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »
Freedent is the ONLY gum I have found that doesn't stick to my dentures.

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »
You can get the Freedent gum, but I have tried some of the others. I just have to try and see which ones does or not.  I had the same thing happen with one, and just had to pick off a bit at a time the gum. lol...

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, diabetes, asthma, Polycystic ovaries, and Gerd. Meds - Pilocarpine, Synthroid, Effexor, Cpap, aspirin, Prilosec, Neurontin, Xanax, eye Drops, vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Proventil- Retired Teacher/Disabled

Bucky

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 10:15:14 AM »
Kathyx - in the name of Sjoggie testing  ;), I bought some Freedent gum and am chewing it as I type this. 

It's NOT sticking!!   ;D  (I only chew half a piece at a time, but I would "assume" a full stick of gum won't stick either.)

Gosh, I haven't chewed gum in so many years that I can't EVEN remember how long it's been.

My recommendation is to find some Freedent gum (I don't think it's exclusive to the U.S.) and enjoy.   ;D  Hmmm, wonder if they have this in bubble gum?

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)