Author Topic: Your pet's or animals in general! (what makes you happy??)  (Read 4748 times)

ashbones

Your pet's or animals in general! (what makes you happy??)
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:05:17 AM »
I just wanted to write an uplifting post :)

I wanted to know what makes you happy? I haven't been working because of the pain so i have a lot of spare time on my hands. I spend a lot of time with animals and drawing. How about you?

I've always loved animals, they can always put a smile on my face! They are always so happy to see you. If it wasn't for my frenchbulldog peppa i don't think i would have made it through the last few months. I was recently diagnosed with sjogrens and fibro etc and i was so down and depressed and stopped smiling..but then i got my dog (she's 7 months old) and it brought a smile to my face, she always knows how to cheer me up. she has a lot of personality. I have a lot of facebook photos to show this haha! I surround myself with animals because it takes my mind off of a lot of things. I wish i lived in a zoo haha! I have a frenchbulldog, my partner has a pug i also have a snake, bearded dragons, leaf tail and knob tailed gecko's and also the baby gecko's are going to hatch soon!

Does anyone else feel this way about their pets or animals?

I've been vegetarian for almost 5 years now and i don't miss eating meat at all :P

susan

Re: Your pet's or animals in general! (what makes you happy??)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »

Yes, I feel this way! My Neopolitan mastiff died a couple of years ago---we always took long walks together. This fall, I adopted a shelter dog, a lab--pit bull mix, & he has been such a wonderful addition to my life!! Also have 2 marmalade kitties:)
Sjogrens, Stills disease, Acromegaly, Interstitial cystitis

Plaquenil, Prednisone, Octreotide injectable, Crestor, Xanax

Bonnie

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
I got my minature schnauzer when I was going through a hard marriage break up, she helped me so much.

I love my wee scone, she is always able to put a smile on my face.  She is getting old and is having some issues with her kidneys I am really worried about her and what would be best for her.

shevonne

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 08:53:46 AM »
I recently bought 2 maltipoos (boys)!  They are wonderful; my babies! They dont shed.  I got them about 2 months ago. They are 5 months now. Im really enjoying them.  Although sometimes I wonder what in the world possessed me to get 2 when Im in a lot of pain.  Im finding ways to cope though.  I am able to let them run around in the back where there is not many people around and they come back.  Its good also that they have each other to play with.  I love my little babies!

valene2009

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:01:22 AM »
I have the sweetest gray tabby named Speedy-he is such a lover. yes i feel the same way. i woke up this morn in some discomfort--he was lying by my feet at the bottom of the bed-he always knows to stop when he starts to walk up to me if i reach for my drops-he waits til i put drops in and then i put them away=and then he comes up and cuddles with me.. so sweet..it's amazing what animals pick up on and how they try and help us. :)))) I was just thinking this morning how lucky i was..
thanks for this great post! what an uplifter! (is that word? )lol

oescharao

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »
I'm a totally cat person <3 We have two cats, Ginger and Sophie. Ginger is kind of schizo and deathly afraid of strangers, but she's my favorite. I am so bias when it comes to the two of them. My cat Ginger knows exactly when I'm upset and is always up for cuddling. Here's a picture of her looking like a beached whale:

valene2009

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »
aw she is so cute!!!

KellyG999

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
Love your post!!

I love my two rescue dogs, big mixed breed dogs who are so grateful for a good home. Thet also pulled me through the worst time of my life, out on FMLA for severe SJS. I treat them like king and queen of the house!!

I have also been a vegetarian for years. I don't miss meat one little bit!!

KellyG

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:45:14 AM »
This is a great thread! I have an old chocolate lab, 5 ferrets, and a baby white bunny that we found in my friend's backyard the day before Thanksgiving.  Plus all the wild ducks in the lagoon out back.  I would have more animals but we can't afford it. I love animals too!

ingy54

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »
I have a dog called Becky and a cat called Pussykins (actually my sons call him Mimmo because they say Pussykins is too soppy for a cat!) Becky was found wandering  in the street, my beautiful Husky called Charlie had recently died so I wasn't ready for another dog and when I saw her I said she was ugly and to take her away but I let her stay and she is the most adorable of dogs. I was used to big dogs but this little thing has captured my heart. I had always been afraid of cats but during the last days of Charlie this cat arrived and stayed next to him even when he was dying! I think that the cat was sent to me by husband who isn't here anymore to keep me company, so I have 2 sons and a  cat and dog that keep me a lot of company. By the way I'm not afraid of cats anymore. ;)

Ripvanann

• "A DESIRE FULFILLED IS A TREE OF LIFE"
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
We can't have fur pets because one of my sons has severe allergies and asthma. We also have little ones, so after some research, we ended up with our sun conure, Stella. I never would have believed how much fun, and absolutely cuddly a parrott could be! I love all pets, but I've turned into a bird woman for sure!

On a sad and typical for our home, side note; a couple of weeks ago we found out our 7 yr old son was keeping a pet stink bug... "Stinky" (as he was affectionately known to by said middle son), was quite literally on his last legs when we were introduced to him. He was obviously dead as one of his legs cracked off when we met him.

We all went to the pet store and got him a couple of gold fish, who promptly died within a day of one another. The plan is to replace them this weekend. I sure hope they work out, or I'm pretty certain there's therapy in my son's future! =)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:00:04 AM by Ripvanann »
Primary SjS, Steroid Induced Cushing's Syndrome, RA, Thyroiditis, Hyperparathyroidism, Raynaud's, Autonomic & Small Fiber NLeuropathy, Fibro. Osteoporosis, & other fun stuff associated w/ the afore mentioned. ~Meds: prednisone, Plaqu, Citracal D & Pain Meds, Compazine, phenergan, Iberogast.

eye2dry

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 11:01:03 AM »
My little fellow is 4 years old, he is a minature rat terrier named Rodney Joe. He keeps me company, is funny and loves people to visit. My employer is an animal fanatic and will bring their dogs into the office occasionally, and I have taken Rodney Joe into work too. The patients love to see the dogs wander around and they get petted.

My rheumatologist (his wife is an RN and does the infusions) brings his large schnauzer into the office and last time I was there, they drew my blood and their dog laid his head in my lap during that. I loved it!

Oh yes, these little bundles of fur make us happy, comfort us and a real joy.

eye2dry

smallfry

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
Hi Ash

Unlike you we don't have any pets as we like to get away and don't like having to leave them. But my daughter also has a frenchbulldog by the name of peppermint and they call her pepper. I also spend a lot of time doing art as I am a pastel artist.

Cheryl

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 04:03:34 PM »
We don't have any pets right now.  But we had one of the best dogs you could ever ask for when our son was little.  The dog would let our son do anything to him like put clothes pins on his ears and put clothes on him and not even let out one growl.  If you tried to pull weeds out of the yard he would come and set on the weeds so you would have to pay attention to him.  Sadly he got out of yard on day and was hit by a truck.  And then we got a cat.  But that was over 15 years ago.  We lost our cat about 5 years ago and have not gotten another pet.  Maybe someday we will again.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

ashbones

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
It's nice reading that a lot of other people also love animals and have pets  :D

The days when i am in a lot of pain and can't move from the couch my dog likes to sit on the couch with me..like a human. Her facials always make me laugh aswell. she pulls so many of them

SMILE!!

when she was very little