Author Topic: Yet another bad tooth  (Read 4923 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: Yet another bad tooth
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
I agree with irish. Our saliva is different. For some of us, maybe our saliva has been affected even more so than others. Normal saliva has protective elements to protect our mouth lining, and teeth.

I had to have my teeth pulled, and never never have I regretted it. I suffered so much with infection, severe pain, and my teeth got to where they wouldn't numb when having one pulled.

I was knocked out for having all of them removed. I was happy when I woke up. My mother always said when a person hurts bad enough they will have surgery,etc. willingly.

susanep  :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Yet another bad tooth
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »
I had many comments when I was younger about how white my teeth were and how nice they were. Even dentists thought they looked good---even when I was complaining about all the pain in the roots of teeth that never had any root canals, etc.

I had teeth that hurt but nothing showed up-ever- on the x-rays. When the teeth were pulled the roots even looked sick. I have often wondered if I had some vasculitis in the smaller vessels feeding the teeth,, etc. Could amount to some of the trouble as the teeth, on pulling, had the look of not being quite alive but yet didn't show up as dead. Weird. Irish ;D