Author Topic: Passing of a great friend, Care.  (Read 25437 times)

Cheryl

• Enter here for chat room:
Re: Passing of a great friend, Care.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 06:34:38 AM »
Those of us who were fortunate to know Care will never forget her.   She was outspoken and witty, yet very caring (nicknamed appropriately.)  I was blessed by her friendship when I ventured into her chat on Thursday nights, and then came to know her more personally as we later co-hosted that chat.

My sympathy goes out to you, Spring, and to all of you who miss her as I do. 

Cheryl 

Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 06:51:51 AM »
I did not know Care, but I wish I did.  She has left such a wonderful legacy and I wish I could thank her.  To her family I extend my sympathy and also to Spring on the lose of a dear friend.
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
Care's legacy is amazing.

All my sympathy and love to you who knew her and to her family.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO, Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

anita

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 08:36:28 AM »
Wish I knew her.  Her family and friends will be in my thoughts/prayers.
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

Liz D.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:46:02 AM »
I feel so saddened about hearing of this loss!  I have never been on one of her chats, but I have had her feedback on this site for more than 7 years.  It has been a lifesaver.  My gratitude to Care and Spring is enormous!!

My thoughts are with all who are suffering from this loss!

Liz D.

54 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004, but problems started in 2000), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Vitamins, calcium, flaxseed oil

genko_b

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »
Spring, we are all so sorry to hear of Care's passing. It's really hard to add anything to the wonderful words that have already been said; the sorrow that everyone is feeling is an indication of the blessing that Care's life was to all who knew her.

We are all in the debt of Care and Spring for starting this website, and of all those who have followed along as staff to keep it going. What an amazing legacy. Deep thanks to all.

Genko

Daisy1234

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »
This world has lost a wonderful and very special lady, Care and it is right that we mourn her passing.   

Behind her though, is left an incredible and ongoing legacy that sustains many of us who through our collective afliction of Sjogren's have found a home to share our difficulties and rest our weary spirits.

Thank you Care and also thank you Spring, you both have made a substantive and positive difference in my life. 

Daisy

Katybarstool

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 01:20:37 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with Care's family. Spring, thank you for letting us know about your loss. Prayers for you too.

Kathyx

harrigan

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »
Although I did not know Care, I will always remember the relief of finding this site and 'speaking'to others who knew how I felt.  Spring and Care had a vision for something so many of us hold dear.  Sending my love and condolences to all Care's family and friends xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Reanne

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »
I am saddened to hear of Care's passing.  May God be with her family and friends.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 04:17:21 PM »
Care will be a great miss. Her 'nick' just summed up everything about her. She tried to prepare us. She knew this was coming. What a legacy she has left.
Thoughts are with her family right now. - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Duchess

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 08:07:34 AM »
Simply, THANK-YOU

Duchess
58 y/o, Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, Mitral Valve Repair, Asthma, Myofascial Pain. Plaquenil, Inhalers, Ibuprofen,Exovac, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Omega 3, Eye Drops, Quinipril, Massage therapy.

Chickpea

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »
Like so many others I felt Care's influence and spirit as soon as I joined Sjogren's World.  She had the perfect nickname because she truly cared.

As I got to know her I appreciated her humour and warmth, the love she had for her family, the pictures of her darling pets, and the care she showed her mother who lived with her.  Life was not easy for Care but she always had a store of love to share.

As Scottie says, Care knew this was coming and tried to help us be ready.  That's the sign of an incredible woman.

She had a loving family who shared her with us.  My heart goes out to them.  And also to Spring - and heartfelt gratitude to her too for the work she put in right from the beginning when she and Care had the idea of this forum.  This work continues with design and upkeep of the site, support for us all and sheer hard work.

I send love to all Care's loved ones - Chickpea

pudmott

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »
I didnt know Care very well but cannot thank her enough for her (Spring's) foresight to start a forum and website like this.  This site proved to be a massive suport to me when i was going through my dx.

I had the honour of chatting with Care in the chat rooms a fwe times and her sense of fun and caring were paramount.
While i am sad i will not mourn. I will celebrate the life and giving of a truly amazing soul
Be free Care

Pud

Narablueeyes

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 11:47:14 PM »
I didn't have the pleasure and honor of knowing her but from these posts, she seemed lik an extraordinary woman.  My loss.