Author Topic: Passing of a great friend, Care.  (Read 25986 times)

Spring

• Administrator
Passing of a great friend, Care.
« on: November 22, 2011, 08:11:26 PM »
It is with great sorrow I must inform you that my co-founder of Sjogren's World, Billie/Care, passed away on Sunday November 20, at home in the comfort of her family. Without Care, this site would not be here for all to share. God be with her and her family.  Jo/Spring

(History, http://www.sjogrensworld.org/about_us.htm)

AlienDog

Re: Passing of a great friend, Care.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 08:40:57 PM »
Care will be sorely missed. I am honored to have been part of her life, sharing laughter and love. My heart and prayers go out to her family (including her Sjogren's Family) she was quite an amazing woman.

Woofers
Sjogren's World Executive Board, Staff Trainer, Technical Director, & Chat Coordinator

AlienDog

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
Spring, I wish I could give you a huge hug. I know you two were close for years, and knew each other before Sjogren's World came into existence. I love ya dearly! If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to ask!

Doggy
Sjogren's World Executive Board, Staff Trainer, Technical Director, & Chat Coordinator

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »
I will be forever grateful to Care and Spring for starting this wonderful website for fellow Sjogren's sufferers.

Care was an amazing lady who dearly loved life, her dog(s), her family, her friends and all the people she has met through the years via chat and posts on this forum.

I will miss her dearly. 

Spring - my deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your dear, dear friend.

To Care's family - thank you for sharing your Mom/daughter with us - she was truly loved by us.  Our sympathy to you all in your time of sorrow.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

lynnmarie219

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »
I too wish to send my sincere sympathy to all of Care's family and friends.

I am so grateful to both Spring and Care for starting this site which I often refer to as my lifesaver...you were all here to laugh, cry, and be so informative and supportive of me when I didn't understand what was going on with this diagnosis I acquired called sjogrens.

To Care's family/friends...I'm so sorry for your loss...Care was loved by so many and will be missed. She made a real difference in many of our lives.

To Spring...I don't know what to say to ease the pain of the loss of your dear friend but please know that we are here for you if you need us.

To all of my sjoggie friends here...please remember Care with a smile on your face...she would have wanted it that way.

Hugs to all of you.....

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:25:33 PM »
Thank you lynnmarie219 for expressing the words and feelings that I could not find.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Meld256

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:54 PM »
The news of Care's passing is met with much sadness, but we hear she would rather us celebrate the joys of her life instead.

My sympathy goes to Care's family and closest friends.  She will be so missed and never forgotten.

I also want to express my appreciation for all the work done by Spring and Care, and the insightful thought behind bringing a warm and welcoming site such as this where we feel as we are family; learning from one another, giving and receiving encouragement and support and sharing our lives.

Care's vision with Sjogren's World has made a positive difference in thousands and thousands of people's lives, and for that we are forever grateful.

newhorizons

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »
My heartfelt sympathy goes to Care's family and the many, many lives she has touched through our wonderful Sjogren's World.

Joy

newhorizons

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 09:54:48 PM »
Spring, May you find peace in your heart knowing Care gave of herself and between the two of you served as a window to my world and thousands of others.

Thank you for such dedicated service to Sjogrensworld.

Fond regards, Joy

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 10:13:51 PM »
I was priviledged to get to know Care for the year that I was a moderator on this site. She was such a great lady with great fortitude, kindness and a great sense of humor.

She spoke often and with great pride of her family and she was always concerned about others. Care wasn't posting much the past few years but every so often she would show up and leave a post. It was nice to know that she was still hovering in the background. She will be missed greatly.

My sympathy to her family and all of those working on this site who have been close to her over the years.

Spring, I know that you and Care are 2 special people who got together and created this special site that has been such a blessing to so many.  Know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Irish

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 01:30:16 AM »
I am also very sorry to hear of Care's passing. Spring, you and Care have together helped many people including myself.

susanep  :'(
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 05:15:24 AM »
As saddened as I am by this loss, I'm also so grateful for the chance to have "met" such a loving, sharing and aptly nicknamed caring woman. I feel that Care, Spring, and the other wonderful members of this site rescued me.

I've heard this quote many times, and it seems so very appropriate for this occasion...."Do not cry because it's over, smile because it happened". I will weep for Care's family in their time of loss, and for Care's many dear friends, both in real life and online, and for my own feelings of loss.......but I will rejoice in a life well lived and shared so widely!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Patze

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 05:35:33 AM »
To Care's family and friends, I too am grateful for the love, kindness and friendship that Care shared.  I will always remember her great sense of humor, her warmth and the wonderful love for her family.

To Spring, for your and Care's foresight and drive has produced a board that is very informative, welcoming, and accepting.  And for that, I will always be indebted.

With hugs,
Patze
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:08:30 AM by Patze »
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

KellyG999

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 05:40:00 AM »
I didn't know her, but based on all the posts I sure wish I did.

God bless her for this forum, that gave me hope, friends and understanding when it was nowhere else to be found.

KellyG

mshistory

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 06:02:50 AM »
I didn't know her either, but I am sorry to hear of her passing. I too am grateful for this wonderful site that she helped to create - she has certainly left a legacy that will continue to reach people all over the world.

My prayers are with her family and friends.
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.