Author Topic: Feeling better and better  (Read 4226 times)

artsyamerican

Re: Feeling better and better
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 07:30:28 PM »
I am going to ask my Rheumy abt Plaquenil! I would be soooo happy if I were in your shoes.  My hair is so thin...it's terrible! The dryness is horrible.  The pain is the worst.  I am coming off of steroids and sulfasalazine and by the time I see Rheumy again...I think my body will have recovered enough to try something new. I am SOOOO happy for you and your great days!

smileandbehappy

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »
It's so good to hear great reports about plaquenil.  I have been taking it for three years and I call it my  wonder drug.  I still have this and that wrong with me but when I think back to how I felt before the plaquenil it reminds me of how lucky I am today. 

Corella

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 01:01:14 AM »
I have learned to my cost that Plaquenil and eggs do not mix well with me and only just made the loo in time this morning, which made my husband laugh (he wouldnt have laughed had I not made it!!)

Stomach cramps a bit better today, have just over a week till I increase it.  Does it really matter though what time of day you take it as to avoid gastro problems? I only have my main meal at night and eat lightly in the day so that is when I take it and that is what is on the bottle but I just wondered if you avoid gastro by taking it with less food earlier on?

Looking forward to the benefits though, and thats what gets me through the side effects.

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 06:06:38 AM »
I always take my Plaquenil with my supper -- and I take it with a bite of food to make sure it gets all the way down because my esophagus is even drier than the pill.   :P
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

4Kids

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 06:57:32 AM »
I take it before bed. Both pills. I am also on Metformin so I am not sure my stomach would notice more upset or not. I don't have acid reflux though (luckily) and have no worries about constipation, anyway.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin