Author Topic: iron: how does Sjs affect it?  (Read 4022 times)

Narablueeyes

Re: iron: how does Sjs affect it?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »
I have been having extended periods for 18 months. 18-20 day periods, with 12-15 days of heavy bleeding. Nobody can bleed like that without consequences.  I have been under an extreme amount of stress, bith physically and emotionally for the same timeframe. I am doing my best trying to eat the natural foods.

I had pretty much the exact same thing.  My Ob-Gyn suggested I get a Mirena and for three years I enjoyed one day a month of light spotting.  Had to get a replacement and having to deal with some bleeding but it's getting lighter and lighter every month. 

4Kids

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »
I am super not.cool with things being inserted or left in me. I couldn't even relax enough through a double dose of whatever they give you to relax and a local anastethic which was supposed to allow me to have an endometrial ablation. I had a traumatic birth with my first son and a simple pap is enough to do me in. I could never stand the pain of an iud or feel comfortable with it in there. Mature... Not so much but that is the way I am.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
When a person bleeds that much every month it is very hard to keep replacement of iron going at a fast enough rate even when you are healthy.

I know that raisins are higher in iron as is spinach which is much better in a salad than cooked. Egg yolks have a fair amount and Malt o Meal contains 50% of the daily requirement in a serving plus it is so darn good.

I am assuming that you have had your blood checked for conditions that would prevent clotting. I am wondering what you doc plans to do with you when an endometrial ablation doesn't work. Have you ever had a D&C??? Did it help??

The reason I asked is because I bled a lot all my life with my periods and I also had small hemmorrhages every time I had a baby. When I had by hysterectomy in 1990 by gyne said it was no wonder I bled. He said that the blood vessels feeding my uterus were as big around as his thumb. When he told me that I was really glad to have had that surgery instead of trying to treat the problem medically. I messed with the bleeding about 8 months big time and at age 46 thought this is enough of this. Never sorry and wished I had done it many years earlier.

Hope you can get this taken care of soon one way or the other. Miserable way to live.Irish ;D

4Kids

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 11:07:02 AM »
They are going to put me under or give me an epidural (spinal) so that I won't feel the pain and maybe then they can. I hope so.

This month I bled for 8 days? Much better, with 3 days of lochia type spotting. 11 days after Metformin  for 2 months and weightloss, only really 5 of heavy bleeding. So I do see that as a real improvement over what I had been suffering though.

After that I don't know. I did have 4 c-sections, and the last 2 I had bleeding that went on forever. So maybe something else will have to be looked at. We will see I guess.

I have done Ferramax once or twice, depending on the day and a liquid called Floradix. I am feeling much better and will have my doctor draw blood in a week or two to compare.

All that iron and no constipation. I think the Metformin and Plaquinel were running anything I got clear out of me. Now the scales are much more balanced in that I don't have the runs and am not constipated.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin