Author Topic: painful, crackly joints  (Read 789 times)

arina83

painful, crackly joints
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
Can't believe how much my joints hurt, and how crackly they've gotten. Use to be that only my right ankle and shoulder would be crackly... now its everything. Ankles, shoulders, wrists, elbows. And everything hurts! Have had a couple of instances recently where my hands hurt too much to do anything with them. Had another today... right hand hurt so much I couldn't grip the steering wheel as I was driving. The left was ok, thankfully. Pain started in my finger joints, and now its moving down through the bones in my hands into my wrists. Very frustrating, since there's so much I do with my hands. Hands haven't been working too well either... have broken 2 dishes recently when my hand suddenly 'let go'. Might need to invest in all plastic dishes...... Feet hurt sometimes too, but no where near as bad as my hands.

Still working on finding myself some good doctors, though the pain in my hands limits what I can do on the computer and the difficulty breathing means talking on the phone is hard too.

Really hate being frustrated and in pain.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
Re: painful, crackly joints
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »
It could be RA. I take dark cherry extract and Black Cherry juice to reduce my joint pain from RA.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

newhorizons

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »
Just a suggestion:  I had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists 10-12 yrs. ago. My hand and fingers had made it this far..... but,

Am wearing nighttime wrist hand braces each night. This is my way of resting my hands, fingers, wrists at night.

The surgeon friend that did my surgery mentioned to me that one's hands/wrists 'got in more trouble' during the night than daytime.

He also stated that you build up adhesion/scars inside where operation done and the more you do surgery on the carpal tunnel area the more it will be impeded by scar tissue....makes sense that he suggested I routinely use hand/wrist braces after day of using my hands a lot.

You might want to just go in CVS (where I get mine, other places sale them) and try a one on and see how your hand/wrist feels.  Mine are made by Futuro for R and L wrists.

Trust you soon get some relief....it hurts so much...  I recently had a flare for a month and both of my hands/wrists hurt with elbows and shoulders.  Got steroid shot in R shoulder to help reduce swelling and allow me to use my R hand. I'm like you I have glass plates and have had them for 50 yrs.  Yes, I'm a senior and I'd like to finish out life using my original day china! ???

aka/Grandma Moses 

eyeamdry

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:46:06 PM »
I agree about the wrist braces/splints.  I had carpal tunnel surgery on one wrist some years ago but my wrists hurt way before that.  I am no longer working and don't need the other wrist operated on.  When my hands and wrists start hurting, I will wear my wrist splints to bed for awhile.  It really does help.  I also had a doctor tell me that more damage is done to our wrists at night than during the day.  Lucy

arina83

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »
Thanks for the ideas. I have several wrist braces from when I had a ganglion cyst removed 2 years ago. I have been wearing gloves all the time, since my hands are so cold, and the warmth helps the pain. Going to try sleeping with silk glove liners, a wrist brace and then fingerless alpaca gloves... See how that goes. Really would like to be able to knit some gloves for myself, but my hands hurt too much.

Will also look into the tart cherry juice.

Hopefully, this will work for me until I can find a new PCP and rheumy.