Author Topic: Foamy saliva?  (Read 5001 times)

Shani

Foamy saliva?
« on: October 26, 2011, 03:57:31 AM »
Hi everyone!

Every day I wake up with a cracked voice (like having a throatinfection) it stays in the day too, gets worse at evening and morning mostly.I don't know what causes this, I do have often a foamy production of my saliva, tongue also having a white colour.(Thinking it was GERD/fungus as my GP said)

I had been taking a 5 day antibiotic/mouthwash mix but it didn't work I assume, now I try a fungus gel but after a week+...nothing.I'm scared for this to be something else like connected to the saliva glands or my stomach?

KellyG999

• SjS, IBS, Fibro, spinal tumor, depression, anxiety
Re: Foamy saliva?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:25:12 AM »
Shani - this sounds like one for the doc...

I get thick, gloppy saliva and find that drinking a LOT of water during the day seems to help a lot.

Good luck,

KellyG
42 year old Female: Salagen, Lexapro, pain meds, Restasis,  B-12, Vit D, Omega 3's, Protonix, Allegra, NuMoisyn lozenges, various probiotics
Worst symptom - dry swollen throat episodes - scary!

Jellyb

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
Hi Shani,
I agree with Kelly, this sounds like you should see your doctor. Maybe yeast or thrush. Sounds very uncomfortable.

Let us know, what you find out.
Primary sjogrens, Raynauds.
Magnesium, vitamin C, tumeric, low dose estrogen.

Multiple chemical and food allergies
Gluten free

Still in the hunt

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »
I have just about the same thing, when I get up its a white tongue with thick mucos and saliva but it my case its from the destruction of the salivary glands, when you get up in the morning,, get a flashlight and look in your mouth, see if you can see any drainage coming from the sinuses in the back of your throat, it may look thick and white,
  When iwas at the new ENT last week,, she shoved pretty hard on both paratoid glands and got nothing out of them,, I dont know what they intend to do about that
  I do know every time I take antibiotics I get a black tongue which takes a week or two to clear up,, its a miserable way to live isnt it?,, You could see your GP, but dont expect him or her to know whats going on,, were just to complex for them,, and you will get referred to a ENT,, so you might as well bite the bullet and see a ent,

4Kids

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »
I have foamy saliva when the salagen runs out or in the morning. It's all I have now. My tongue is white then when I don't have enough saliva in my mouth.

And yes, thrush is always an issue for me since I can't keep the saliva up high enough to control it. I use Nystatin trouches every day usually twice a day for maintenance. Didn't for two weeks just to see... guess where I am.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

My blog: http://thenot-so-supermum.blogspot.ca