Author Topic: Spin the Sjogrens Symptom Wheel ....  (Read 12720 times)

Meld256

Re: Spin the Sjogrens Symptom Wheel ....
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Bucky,

I love your "pitstop" ideas for prizes, not aches and pains.

Annken,
Maybe your mean wheel will leave you alone!

Nara,

Sounds like a productive (?) visit to the opthamologist.  So the "thing" is a stye; those can really hurt, but at least it's not a cancerous growth or anything that needs "scoopin' out" like a cyst. 

I used to get styes all the time-ugh...  and news that you are at risk for Glaucoma is not as bad as having it.  Hopefully, you have a good eye doc who will keep a "close eye" on it all.  (pun intended)   ;D

Narablueeyes

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »
Nara,

Sounds like a productive (?) visit to the opthamologist.  So the "thing" is a stye; those can really hurt, but at least it's not a cancerous growth or anything that needs "scoopin' out" like a cyst. 

I used to get styes all the time-ugh...  and news that you are at risk for Glaucoma is not as bad as having it.  Hopefully, you have a good eye doc who will keep a "close eye" on it all.  (pun intended)   ;D

Oh he did offer to lance it wherein the "F" bomb was dropped freely and unsparingly.  Thank goodness he laughed.  I got antibiotic drops and samples of Restive (??). 

This dr is pretty good so far.  Asked a lot of questions, seemed knowledgeable about Sjogren's, and offered several avenues.  He seems to have a good eye for things.  (ba da dum dump!)

LizPetillo

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 03:32:14 AM »
Today the wheel for me landed on RASHES and BREATHING. 
Double bonus prize.   :P

Narablueeyes

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 08:06:26 AM »
Today the wheel for me landed on RASHES and BREATHING. 
Double bonus prize.   :P

Barney!!  Tell us what Liz has won for the double bonus prize!!  Well, Marty, Liz has won a tube of cortisone that might or might not help her rash and she's also won a bottle of oxygen! 

I hope my humor doesn't offend anyone.  Liz I'm sorry you're feel' so pucky.  I hope your body settles down enough to let you breathe.

KellyG999

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »
Narablueeyes, if we can't laugh we might all lose it...

Can I ask you - does the Klonopin help you? Is it for anxiety?

KellyG

Narablueeyes

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »
Narablueeyes, if we can't laugh we might all lose it...

KellyG

That's what I'm afraid of, losing it.  So what the heck!!  LAUGH!!

I take Klonopin for the muscle relaxant feature.  I don't take it everyday but I've read that it can help with depression and anxiety

mshistory

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »

Hi Kelly,

I know this question was for Narablueeyes, but I'm also on Klonopin (clonazepam) and I do take it for anxiety. I take .5 mg twice daily and it helps tremendously. One of the benefits of Klonopin for anxiety is that it is fast effecting (but its effects also wear off sooner) - I recently tried to go down to once daily use and that lasted less than a week  :-\ I actually have an app't with my psychiatrist today ... I'm hoping he doesn't expect me to wean myself off of it because my anxiety just goes nuts (or maybe I do...?)  :o
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

KellyG999

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »
 8) MS History,

Thanks for jumping in there with info on your experience with Klonopin. I have terrible anxiety resulting from the "attacks" I get from sjogrens. It feels like my throat is dry, swollen and suddenly I can't swallow. PANIC! I take a lorazepam when it gets bad, but it really doesn't seem to help very much. I am also on Zoloft which I don't think is helping at all...

KellyG

LizPetillo

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07:43 AM »
Spinning the wheel ... spinning .. spinning .. lands on TONGUE ULCERS. 
Tongue ulcers is the sjogrens prize of the day for me.  Full of 'em today.

Narablueeyes

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 07:28:49 AM »
Spinning the wheel ... spinning .. spinning .. lands on TONGUE ULCERS. 
Tongue ulcers is the sjogrens prize of the day for me.  Full of 'em today.

OUCH!!  Is there ANYTHING to help with that kind of pain?

Narablueeyes

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
My spin landed on wide spread body pain followed by mouth and teeth pain after eating a blueberry muffin.  That's a weird one but one that I experience whenever I eat something with sugar in it.  Pop tarts ( I know, I know but it's the plain strawberry without icing) and now blueberry muffins.  My teeth ache like nobody's business and the inside of my mouth aches, sometimes to the back of my throat.  I stopes the pop tarts months ago but muffins???  REALLY???  Come on!!  At least my beignets haven't started bothering me...yet.

Still in the hunt

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
cold weather,, body wide pain that makes me want to cut my arms and legs off

LizPetillo

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 05:27:01 AM »
Today the spin lands on 'tight chest' ...   :-\

Gonzo

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »
I spinned muscle pain in my left leg but I didn't know it is on the wheel so I'm a bit worrying....

Narablueeyes

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
I spinned muscle pain in my left leg but I didn't know it is on the wheel so I'm a bit worrying....

I get pain in the back of my left leg right around the knee area.  I think mine is due to my tendons being to tight.  Might have something to do with my plantar fasciatis (sp??).  I have to do a lot of stretching.