Author Topic: What's cooking at your house?  (Read 46011 times)

Narablueeyes

Re: What's cooking at your house?
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »
Friday? What are beignets?

I work 4/10s so today is my Friday.  Beignets is French/Cajun for fried donut.  Sprinkled with powdered sugar and then drizzles with honey. 

Narablueeyes

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
NaraBlue, are you in New Orleans?

I am from New Orleans but live elsewhere.  I order much of my Cajun cuisine online just so I don't have withdrawal symptoms!

4Kids

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
Hashbrown casserole (which my kids will hate  :P hashbrowns, mushroom soup, cheese, sour cream and some type of crumb with parmesagn on top), Polish sausage and peas, raw carrots, cucumbers, and possibly more broccoli or brussel sprouts. Need to use them up!

Lunch was borscht and the kids had leftover lasagna casserole from last night. DH and I got to go to Red Lobster for a date for Endless Shrimp, which I haven't had in forever  :-* Thankfully I have used up all the borscht, finally.

MMMM beignets.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

engy

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
Seriously, cherry pie????  MY FAVORITE  ;)

We are having ham & homemade noodles tonight. Wish I had a piece of pie...and a cup of strong organic coffee (miss my coffee).

DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Meld256

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »
Homemade beef stew and a spinach salad.   ;)  It's suddenly turned fall here.  Lots of rain, breezy winds and in the 40's and 50's for daytime "highs". 

Brrr.... :P

Patze

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
Oh my Narablueeyes, beignets??  Oh my, my mouth is trying to salivate!  Good stuff those beignets!  By the way, do you like yours with warm honey too?

Hey Meld, do you use Hungarian Paprika in your stew?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Meld256

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 06:40:01 PM »
Patze,

I'll say "yum" to a beignet, too. Haven't had one for years. Nara, we'll all be right over.  :D

No, don't think I've ever used Hungarian Paprika.  I'd be willing to try it because we love experimenting with spices.  Have some smoked paprika but that's best with any kind of grilled/BBQ.

Narablueeyes

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 06:44:03 PM »
Oh my Narablueeyes, beignets??  Oh my, my mouth is trying to salivate!  Good stuff those beignets!  By the way, do you like yours with warm honey too?

Hey Meld, do you use Hungarian Paprika in your stew?

Patze

Honey is honey.  However, I keep mine in the cabinet next to the oven so it's never room temperature when I need it.  There was a catfish place over in north Texas that used to take raw biscuits and quarter them, fry them, and then dip them in regular sugar.  You'd get a batch of fried catfish, coleslaw, and those biscuits.  Mmmmmm...

season

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
Homemade burgers with ground chuck piled high with grilled sweet peppers, onions and a slice of tomato.

Baked sweet potatoes with lots of cinnamon, butter, and honey.

Carebear

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »
Owww!  I have a tummy ache from all that cherry pie!   :P
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

4Kids

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
Rib roast, potatoes and vegetables. Possibly garlic toast.

I had mini quiche (ham,cheese, broccoli and mushroom) and water for lunch, kids had french toast.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
I work 4/10s so today is my Friday. 
You work ten hours straight???
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Narablueeyes

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:27 PM »

Technically yes but I do legal research and I'm at a computer all day.  I do take breaks and have an understanding boss.  Good friends at work too that help out.

Narablueeyes

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 12:18:39 PM »

Oh, I do work at home one day a week with the option of going to two, if need be.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2011, 08:24:49 AM »
Cooking tonight?  Fish pie.  Yum.  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!