Author Topic: What's cooking at your house?  (Read 43346 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: What's cooking at your house?
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:52 PM »
Not much is cooking at my house lately. I am in a real cooking funk. But, I did discover something that is really good.

I used the store chicken breasts and tried to figure out what to put on them to change the flavor. I decided to use the spaghetti sause in the jar--the garden vegetables one. I added some sugar and stirred some up. Started browning the chicken breasts in the dutch oven and added the sauce over the top. Turned them to brown the other side and added the rest of the sauce. Cooked this covered and turning often. Got so tender and flavor really soaked in.

I didn't use all the sauce so the next night I mixed some into my hamburger and mixed it well. Made patties and fried them . Darn if they weren't good. Nice and moist and gave the meat a whole different flavor. Made a good sandwich in bread. Irish

MissyLouWho?

Re: What's cooking at your house?
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2012, 06:35:45 AM »
Irish that sounds good! 

If you like salsa, you can dump a jar of salsa on your chicken and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.  Then when you are ready to bake them, the flavors will have soaked in.  I like to use a pan that just fits the chicken so the chicken cooks in a salsa 'stew'.  Otherwise it spreads out in the pan and dries out.  Bake them until done and then sprinkle with cheese (I like mozzarella and cheddar) and broil a few minutes.  Really good and really easy!

Tonight hubby is making lemon chicken.  The sauce alone is to die for!  Just give me a loaf of bread and a big bowl of the sauce and I am a happy full girl  ;D