Author Topic: New Mammo Results  (Read 3558 times)

MissyLouWho?

New Mammo Results
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
Well I FINALLY got my second mammo's results back.  "Benign findings, repeat in 6 months".  YAY!!!  My doctor said it was actually a bunch of little things, not even a real mass at all.  That those things were so close they only resembled a mass. 

I was scared and tried not to think about it.  But it's good news!!!

Gayle

Re: New Mammo Results
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
Great News!!! Love it!

Ark mom

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:53:27 PM »
What a relief, for sure!   Thanks for keeping us updated.  Hope you have a joyful week!
41 yo with Sjogren's (sero-neg), FMS & sub-clinical Graves; Plaquenil, Evoxac, prednisone, Restasis, Cellcept, gabapentin, duloxetine

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 07:36:08 PM »
Congrats!  ;D

Be aware that your mammos may just kinda' be like this from here on out - image "noise" in the breast makes it harder for them to see things, so they're more careful. I have lots of that stuff and have a mammo and an ultrasound every year. It used to freak me out but now I am just grateful they are so thorough.
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

eye2dry

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 07:49:13 AM »

Great news.

I love it when someone gets to post news like yours.

eye2dry

WildThing

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 07:58:58 AM »
YAY!!!!  See, told ya it'd be nothing!  Glad it's all over for you.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »
Glad its good news!  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
Thanks for all the prayers, they worked! :) :) :)

WildThing

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:41:06 PM »
Chill out time now MissLou!!!!  8)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
Ah Ms. MissyLouWho!

Great news.

Ambivalent test results have haunted my life.

The worst was a family member diagnosed with an untreatable, always fatal cancer, at age 40.  Two pathologists agreed, at the hospital where she was getting treatment.

Two weeks later, she was one day away from double radical mastectomies (it was in her breast but NOT breast cancer) when the pathologist at Harvard's Mass General Hospital reported in:  NOT CANCER!

Needless to say we were all basket-cases by then.

I had a chest X-ray which looked liked I had an aneurysm on my Aortic Arch.  A CT Scan was then done, which ruled out the aneurysm, but showed what looked like a node on my lung!  6 months later, the node no longer looked like a node, but more like a little scar probably from a spur on my rib bone. 

So, the tests can be very helpful, but also very frightening.  On the whole it's best to be patient.  Which is very very hard.

The hardest part is when doctors disagree, which is also a possibility.

The 'day at a time' philosophy is the one that works best for me.   

Hugs

Elaine

So she just has the small 'thing' removed, biopsied, and NOT CANCER.
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

Patze

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
Congrats!  That is good news in deed!!!!   ;D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Carolina

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 04:27:52 AM »
Good to hear MissyLouWho:

I'm going this morning for the follow up mammogram (first one I've ever bee asked to do) to the one I had last Wednesday.

I had three different notifications to be sure I had this follow up!   But I think that's just their standard routine to be sure people do come back.

I'm not worried because this is the THIRD follow up X-ray type test I've had to do in the past 8 months:  the first was for a suspected aneurysm of my aortic arch (no aneurysm) the second for a node on my lung (no node), and now this third  retest, this time for a new calcification cluster in my right breast.

Interesting is that the second (the node) showed up on the test that ruled out the first (the aneurysm).  I can see an endless string of findings that require more tests, which find different possible problems!

Let's hope this is the last for a while.   

I'll probably get something from all the TESTS!

GLAD your test went well. 

I'll keep you posted.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

sktaylor

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »
Great News!!

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:35 AM »
Elaine,

I am glad all your other tests were good.  I hope this one is too!  (I'm sure it will be :))

Carolina

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »
Dear All,

All is well, but they'll do another mammogram in 6 months to see if more changes occur.

I do believe all the tests will be my undoing!

Hugs

Elaine