Author Topic: on diet-but could giving up coffee make u have less wrinkles?  (Read 3691 times)

valene2009

on diet-but could giving up coffee make u have less wrinkles?
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »
my mom was freakin out on me today about how good i looked and how beautiful my skin looked-the only thing i have changed majorally is giving up my daily coffee-i also have given up eggs, mushrooms and almond butter... but its gotta be the caffeine huh?? i know with sjogrens we are so dehyrated anyway..plus my left eye esp is still so dry so its not like im not dry.. but i looked in teh mirror and yes even when i smile i look like i did 5 years ago.. :))) im 37.... now my eyes still have lots of wrinkles due to the warm compresses but laugh lines almost 100% gone..wow...

has anyone else gotten better skin from giving up caffiene???

eye2dry

Re: on diet-but could giving up coffee make u have less wrinkles?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
Oh My Valene!

I get nervous just thinking about giving up coffee!
I look forward to my morning cup of coffee , especially weekends with my hubby on our patio or in winter in the sunroom.
I even have a cup of coffee in the evening after work...and it has no effect on my falling to sleep at bedtime.

So, in answer to your question...I do not know if stopping coffee will reduce wrinkles...I can't bring myself to try it.

sincerely..eye2dry the java queen.

valene2009

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
well i amjust doing it cause im on that special diet from my naturopath--i drink i cup green tea and have been fine.. i wsa just shocked my mom pointed that out (she doesnt give compliments often) anyway.. i noticed my lines have mostly gone too and i doubt its from giving up eggs and almonds?  i figure coffee is a diuretic.. ihave noticed my skin has been considerably less drier now that i think about it..

Maria3667

• Cultivating a 'dry' sense of humor.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 02:24:16 AM »
Now you mention it: my wrinkles have got less since I quit "the bean"...

I radically went off coffee about 2 years ago, because I had painful rheumatism symptoms... Joints would be totally locked in the morning - even difficult to stretch legs to go to restroom...

All that improved tremendously since quitting coffee.. And I also did wonder why my skin looked so much better... Now I know! Thanks for 'linking' it up for me....

Cheers,
Maria
52. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 25mg quetiapine, 5% testosterone. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

LizPetillo

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »
I had to give up the coffee two years ago.  The acid in it literally was burning my tongue because of the Sjogrens.  I miss it!  But ... I'm just as wrinkled as ever. 

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »
Hmmmm... I actually use a skin care product --- Garnier Youthful Radiance --- which is a caffeine roll-on treatment for anti-dark circles.

Could it be that it's OK to use it externally but not OK to use it internally?
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

valene2009

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »
i think the coffee was really drying me out bad---i only had one small cup every am.. but i noticed now after i shower i use less lotion and i dont feel like a lizard anymore!!!  before i felt so ext dry no matter howmuch moisturizer i used. my face doesnt feel as tight.. i guess it really does dehydrate..now if it would only helpmy left eye!!

Luna

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
 It may be the tea your drinking is actually helping your skin.. Im glad that you are seeing much better looking skin.

Luna

Tknapp717

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »
I Have given up a lot because of SJS but I don't know if the one cup of coffee I have a day would make a difference with wrinkles.
Granted Im still quite young (27) and Im noticing the ( ) around my mouth when im not smiling but the only caffeine I have a day is my morning cup of joe. I used to never drink coffee at all but i wake up still so tired that I need that pick me up in the morning, But even before I started drinking coffee I had the wrinkles starting around my mouth so, I for me personally dont think it would have any difference, But I glad its working for you girl!!

TK

shortstuff

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 07:48:30 PM »
Hey, that would make sense because coffee is a diuretic. So if you are ridding your body of a bunch of water you'll probably be more wrinkly.  Ever drink too much and notice how you look more wrinkly the next day? Maybe it's time for me to give up coffee again because the dry eye by itself is bad enough for my eye wrinkles!!!